How can I get flow to the egr system? Mission impossible | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How can I get flow to the egr system? Mission impossible

Vincentmb615

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport Trac 4x4 4.0
Hey everyone out there. New here but been lurking for some time, hopefully I can get help to this ongoing issue or at least be put on the right track, my neighbor has been having a re occurring egr system insufficient flow code and has had a half dozen shade (e) tree mechanics work on it I mean there is so many new parts and the code always returns. To start off the egr valve is new changed it four times the dppe sensor is new the solenoid next to the egr valve is new and the one under the battery tray is also new, I started with the basic I cleaned the valve itself and the pipes running to the exhaust, throttle body to manifold and it still came back! There's no vacuum leaks everything is connected I'm just stumped, she keeps pouring money into parts and can't get a resolution i feel bad she's a nice lady and people keep taking advantage of her one mechanic replaced part of the brain she couldn't recall exactly what but it was egr related here in GA you can't get a tag without current emissions and they won't run it with. Cel on, does anybody have any idea were to begin on this problem? Thanks for taking the time to read my rant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked the DPFE hose? They can burn up and become brittle and fall apart. Had that happen to my 98 5.0.

There is a orifice in the egr tube that has to be there I have seen them fall our or rot out.

OK I will check that out, also does anybody have a diagram of were all the egr ports are located? Or maybe describe them too me

Back