How compatible are the leather seats for years 93-96?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How compatible are the leather seats for years 93-96??

93explorereb

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast
Year, Model & Trim Level
93/97 4.0 EB/5.0 XLT 4AWD
Greetings:

I am looking to replace some of the seating in my 93 explorer eb, however, I am not sure of the compatibility within the years of 93-96? The seats in the 96 donor that I am considering look similar in terms of functionality, and similarity, but I am just not quite sure if they will fit in my 93. My originals (rear) have some paint on them (previous owner). I am not sure if it is oil based and or latex base:(? I did remove quite a bit of it from the exterior body side moldings, and the actual body itself with acetone. In the mean time, I would like to remove the originals and restore them. They are a nice beige leather, with ugly blemishes of white paint embedded within the leather (perforated leather seats):mad:. I found some nice dark olive green leather seats in excellent condition. I figured that I could get away with the green tan/beige look (possible contrast)? Black leather would be idea, but most of these models come with grey, beige green and soforth? The carpet under the rear seats also took a hit with this paint too:rolleyes:! I could get the whole rear seat set up for a mere 42.00:D!! I could also get the carpet too, the carpet is in prestine condition! Overall the truck is in excellent condition, its just the aforementioned cosmetic debacles:mad:!!! What say you? Thanks in advance:)!

Best Regards

You will have NO problems. All 5 seat Bolts are the same. No mechanical changes needed.

The seats in our 1993 are from a 1997 Explorer.

Ryan

I put buckets from an '01 Sport in my '93 and the only change is the seat belt latch, the tongue size is different. I did swap the track on the drivers side as my '93 doesn't have power pigtail :( so I still have to reach under the seat to move fore and aft.

Back