How many miles is good for a pair of shocks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles is good for a pair of shocks?

rjc

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I bought a used stock 2wd explorer which had the original shocks replace with no name white paint shock absorbers at some undetermined time in the past. It's got 100K on it now and I'm wondering if my shocks are shot. I've got some squeaking when I go up my driveway and when I get on the back bumper I can rock the car pretty good without too much difficulty. It seems like the shocks stop bounce after about 1.2 to 2 bounces. What would you guys recommend for a replacment shock in the under $50 each category. I can go from the $10 cheap ones to the $41 Monroes at Kragen. Anybody else got a better deal on a quality shock? I just need something for my daily driver not any offroad. I have Napa, Kragen and Autozone locally. Thanks for the advice, rc

get the monroes

but i dont know if your shocks are bad my x does the same stuff as you explaind and the shocks are ok
but i am replacing them this weekend

Why don't you spend the $55 on Bilsteins and never have to worry about replacement shocks again? Then you have one of the best shocks you can buy, and a lifetime warrenty.

--Sean

Because I don't believe in driving with worn parts but will probably sell this vehicle in about 20--30K. rc

Back