How realistic is swapping a bodies on same year Xs and how much should I pay for one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How realistic is swapping a bodies on same year Xs and how much should I pay for one?

QuikSilver

Reaction score
City, State
Montara, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer
If I am lucky enough to find a same year body, how hard is it to put on? I'm willing to work my ass off, but I don't want to F anything up.

Thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why would you want to swap bodies? Is there something wrong with yours?

If you find one.. give me a hollar. I'd want to come down and help. I'm looking to swap out the frame of an X.

Maybe we should just go in halves on a complete one. :D

Originally posted by taxxman2k
Why would you want to swap bodies? Is there something wrong with yours?

Dead Link Removed It'll explain it all.

Section - I'm not sure what people mean when they say the frame. Do you mean the chassy? Or are they referring to the frame/structural integrity of the body? And sure, I’m all for any help I could get! :)

When I say it I mean chassis. Nothing to do with the body. I had a little 'incident' about three years ago which left my chassis a little 'altered'.

So anyway, find a 96 or 97 V8 AWD and we'll use it for a parts truck.

Will a 96 or 97 V8 body fit a V6 95 chassis?

They should be the same...

I'm pretty sure. I don't see why not. I think the only thing different inside and out (of the body anyway) would be the 4wd controls. The AWDs dont have one.

Anyone else want to back me up?

How hard is it to transplant all the power stuff... ie windows, locks, side mirros, sunroof.

Thx

Originally posted by section525
I'm pretty sure. I don't see why not. I think the only thing different inside and out (of the body anyway) would be the 4wd controls. The AWDs dont have one.

Anyone else want to back me up?

I may have found one. It's 2wd though, and mine is 4wd. Would there be any conflict? I should be able to put in the 4wd interior controls right?

Post deleted by moderators after repeated requests to not type in all caps.

It could have had fiberglass fenders and a hood. Like Perry's Fab N Fiber makes.

Back