• Register Today It's free!

how to find snyc version?

Hjscm

Reaction score
City, State
San fran
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 limited
ok so just got my limited xplorer today. but i would like to know what version of sync i have. how do i find out. seems slow.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok so just got my limited xplorer today. but i would like to know what version of sync i have. how do i find out. seems slow.

thanks

Set up an account at www.syncmyride.com

It tells you all the software in your vehicle including which version you're running.

thanks i was looking for that. found that i have 2.4. its not like my 09 f-150 were i can update myself i guess. when i go to customize and update the web page gives me an error. now another question i am trying to run vehicle health report. i log into sync manage my account, account settings but can't find were to set up health report. also thanks for the reply. now i have to find out how to download contact pictures from iphone.

thanks

thanks i was looking for that. found that i have 2.4. its not like my 09 f-150 were i can update myself i guess. when i go to customize and update the web page gives me an error. now another question i am trying to run vehicle health report. i log into sync manage my account, account settings but can't find were to set up health report. also thanks for the reply. now i have to find out how to download contact pictures from iphone.

thanks

After you get logged on SYNCMYRIDE go to "Account Settings"

Then you get the choices of VHR, 911 Assist, Sync Services, and TDI

If you figure out how to get contact photos off iPhone please share cause everyone is waiting for this. Most believe its Apple not SYNC.

i have a sync account but can't figure out how to activate it for health reports.

After you activate the service online, you can run a report in your vehicle while your Active phone is connected to SYNC. Also view: How do I change my Active mobile phone?

when i run the report i get a text message saying vehicle health report is not activated online. it says go to my account and then account settings and folow the instructions to activate but there are none. wish they could figure out the contact pics that would be nice. also i have to have the dealer upgrade to 2.8 we can't do it? i am on 2.4 and want to speed it up. very slow especially when playing through usb.

thanks

Hjscm,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with your SYNC technology. Below I have posted some information that I have shared with others experiencing technical difficulties.

In some 2011 model year Edge and Explorer vehicles with MyFord Touch and MKX vehicles with MyLincoln Touch, various features associated with the MyTouch system may function erratically due to software issues. These features include, but are not limited to, touch screen, entertainment system, SYNC and SYNC Travel Link, Rear-View Camera, Navigation System, and voice recognition system.

In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to improve overall system functionality by reprogramming the MyTouch system to the latest level free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program. This Customer Satisfaction Program will be in effect until January 31, 2012 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners. The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period. Please contact your purchasing dealer for further information and scheduling.

I hope this information is helpful to you. As always, please feel free to message me with any concerns or questions. Thank you.

Seni

Back