• Register Today It's free!

how too swap engine and trans

EddieS

Reaction score
City, State
pennsburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT gray silver 2tone
hi my name is Eddie im new to the form i have a 92 ford explorer xlt that ive been puting so much money into i finaly got it to the point of inspection and everything cleared then month after my trans is now dieing it is starting to slip and leek badly from the bell houseing it only leaks when i try and gun it to get up and go from a stop sighn at or try and exelerate to fast and only slips if it is low on fluid not sure what is couseing the fluid to be leaking out of the bell houseing but i have a diferent trans that i am going to be takeing out of my green explorer to put into my gray silver one what is the easyest way of going about pulling the moter and swaping transmitions because i need to get new valve cover seals and thought it would be easyer just to pull the engine and the trans at the same time change the trans and do the valve cover seals while the motor is out but im not sure of the easyest way to go about pulling the moters because im going to have to do it 3 times because douring this prosses im going to pull the green engine and trans the silver gray engine and trans and the white engine and trans put the trans from the green into my gray silver and the engine and trans from the white into the green pleese help me with a step by step prosses that you think might be best for my situation or if there is a problem with the trans that may be easily fixed without changeing it thank you

Back