• Register Today It's free!

How's this audio system sound?

TTG

Reaction score
City, State
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Gonna be getting a system in the next few months, so I've been seeing what kinda options I have. Came up with a preliminary set of stuff for it.

Headunit: Blaupunkt Monte Carlo MP34 CD/MP3 Receiver
This one was about the best fit for me I could find on Crutchfield. Its cheap too. Comes with CD-R/W and MP3 playback and some other fnacy crap. Only a 15W RMS Amp though... I dunno how good the stock Ford CD players are, but if theyre really any better than this I'd probably rather use that. Only things I really need is a preamp output. EDIT: Apparently I have the Premium system and an amp for the speakers already. Thus I'd need 3 preamp outputs. -.- The search for a HU starts again.

Speakers: 2x Infinity Reference 6802cf 6"x8" 2-way Speakers
These look nice, and I've always been a fan of Infinity speakers. My buddy has them and they're very loud and crisp and clean. 70 bucks each set on crutchfield.

Amp: Profile HA700M 200W x 1 Car Amp
It's cheap, and nice looking. Should put out 250W RMS to each sub.

Subs: 2x Kenwood KFC-W3009 12" 4-ohm Component Subwoofer
Cheap and supossedly pretty good. Either these or Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 1s.

So what'cha think?

Personally, I would stay away from Profile. I have never owned one so no, I'm not speaking from experience; but I am a FIRM believer of "You get what you pay for". At $100 an Amp cant be all that great. Remember, your subs can only be as good as your amp. Period. I would recommend Kenwood, or JL. (I'm a little biased on the JL. I run a 500.1 and a 12.5W7 :D ). Just get that setup :p . No, but in all seriousness, I would stay away from Profile, and invest your money into something worthwile. The rest looks great though. Post some Pics when you finish the system.

yeah, if you want an inexpensive 2 ohm mono amp. the jl e1200 will be much better quality. if you want to spend a few more bucks, get the 250/1.

Back