2017 Ford explorer audio system sounds like mono through whole system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Ford explorer audio system sounds like mono through whole system

russell1964

Reaction score
City, State
London Ontario canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 xlt
I have a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT headed to the dealer and we just all agreed that there is a monotone sound it sounds like it's coming out of a $2 dollar store speaker they've checked all the speakers the amplifiers and the head unit and I found nothing I still waiting to hear back before does anybody know of any issues that helps solve this problem to make it.. it did work and sound properly before and I HAVE no exact time it happened to help narrow down diagnostic

I have a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT headed to the dealer and we just all agreed that there is a monotone sound it sounds like it's coming out of a $2 dollar store speaker they've checked all the speakers the amplifiers and the head unit and I found nothing I still waiting to hear back before does anybody know of any issues that helps solve this problem to make it.. it did work and sound properly before and I HAVE no exact time it happened to help narrow down diagnostic
interference? weak signal?

Welcome to the Forum Russell from a former Londoner.:wave:
Is the sound the same if you were to use a USB with music on it? I can't recall if the 2017 had a CD unit or not.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Russell from a former Londoner.:wave:
Is the sound the same if you were to use a USB with music on it? I can't recall if the 2017 had a CD unit or not.

Peter
Hi Peter
thanks for the message .. it does sound the same .. i was at dealer today and they said "ford techs" have suggested an ACM ..audio control module .. thankfully its on the dealers warranty dollar not mine .. so they have ordered that and will try when in arrives in a week they said ...i also spoke to a reputable stereo shop and they leaned towards possibly an amp .. we will see i guess
russ

Back