hp gains

espnfreak

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Elgin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Maxima SE-L *5spd
how many hp will be attained on a ohv 160 hp engine if i throw in a supercharger?
also will i be able to handle a 75 shot boost of nitrous?
i hear the ald4 tranny can only handle up to 300 hp. My goal is 250 hp. will i need a lot of stuff to do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, you will need bigger fuel lines and a better fuel pump. also you will have to run premium 91 or higher octane. might have to change the pistons too. that's only the beginning...

i know alec has posted a few threads about his experiences installing his supercharger on his OHV and other mods he did to complement it. he has also posted his dyno tests and stuff, i think he managed to get only like 200 hp total from it, but i dont remember exactly the number.

yeah, itll take a lot to get to 250 hp from 160, but more importantly itll take lots of $$$.

Your probably better off droppin in a 302.

I think Alec got about 200 hp _at the rear wheels_ on the dyno. I think on the engine that was more like 260 hp. Maybe I'm wrong on that but I think that's what it was...

Back