HVAC vacuum reservoir connector broke... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HVAC vacuum reservoir connector broke...

EB4X

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orange county, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer 4X 4.0 ohv
Hey gang,
So upon removing my passenger wheel well for other project one of the lines going to the HVAC vacuum reservoir ( aka mini alien planet replica) got broke...
Questions, being it broke close to end / unit, can I safely strip back some of the rubber sheathing to expose another 1/4" so I have some more "tube" to put a coupler over (coffee stirrer stick...yeah..you read that right!) I'm guessing it's too brittle and will just crumble...hoping someone else had this happen and their outcome / custom fix..... ... SEE PIC.
Also, it doesn't want to detach / unplug from the ball so hoping for some feedback on that as well...

ALIEN PLANET.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The auto parts stores sell rubber adapters in the Motormite section.
Thanks... on other inquiry -- in case my local parts store doesn't have them in stock and have to re-use for now.... is it best to use small screwdriver to pry or do they just turn and pop out?

You could remove the broken piece of plastic with a needle nose pliers.
Just talked to auto parts guy....you're correct...they have all the parts - due to manufacturers going universal (for most part) on these....and no special technique to remove....just some soapy water on them and pry and wriggle.

Back