I caught some one trying to pour salt into my gas tank | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I caught some one trying to pour salt into my gas tank

I feel the same way about NASCAR. they just ride around in circles and waste gas.

Yes NASCAR does stand for:
National Auto Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

However, there is a lot on engineering that goes into these cars.
358 CID putting out almost 900 Hp @ 10K RPM
All this from a pushrod engine.

Not to mention trying to keep the car under control @ 190 MPH for several hours.

To each his own.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel the same way about NASCAR. they just ride around in circles and waste gas.

Yes NASCAR does stand for:
National Auto Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

However, there is a lot on engineering that goes into these cars.
358 CID putting out almost 900 Hp @ 10K RPM
All this from a pushrod engine.

Not to mention trying to keep the car under control @ 190 MPH for several hours.

To each his own.

beyond question the cars are technical marvels and it requires great skill to drive at 200MPH.

I'm dating myself, but when I was growing up, NASCAR cars were based on production vehicles. this made it much more interesting to me. today they're in no way based on any production vehicle (other than general body shape). the engines and other parts are all pretty much the same and the cars all run about the same speeds with the same handling, so the only difference is the setup and driver... boring! even the crashes have gotten boring. besides, who wants to watch a totally non-production Toyota race in circles. like you said... to each his own.

beyond question the cars are technical marvels and it requires great skill to drive at 200MPH.

I'm dating myself, but when I was growing up, NASCAR cars were based on production vehicles. this made it much more interesting to me. today they're in no way based on any production vehicle (other than general body shape). the engines and other parts are all pretty much the same and the cars all run about the same speeds with the same handling, so the only difference is the setup and driver... boring! even the crashes have gotten boring. besides, who wants to watch a totally non-production Toyota race in circles. like you said... to each his own.

NASCAR used to be about which American car manufacturer had the most bad-ass car the average Joe could buy. The only thing stock about the cars anymore is probably the coolant.

NASCAR used to be about which American car manufacturer had the most bad-ass car the average Joe could buy. The only thing stock about the cars anymore is probably the coolant.

I could be wrong, but I think they can only use water in their cooling systems in case of spills, water actually cools better than antifreeze too.

I'm dating myself, but when I was growing up, NASCAR cars were based on production vehicles. this made it much more interesting to me. today they're in no way based on any production vehicle (other than general body shape).

The same with racing here. When I was growing up it was production cars then homologated production specials.
Now it's a space frame with paper thin panels.
They do the Ford vs Holden thing but that's only the logo on the car.

We call it taxi racing.

I could be wrong, but I think they can only use water in their cooling systems in case of spills, water actually cools better than antifreeze too.

Distilled Water only will cool better than anti freeze.

Actually my son said 35% anti Freeze 65% water is the best mix.

It was an experiment in college.

The same with racing here. When I was growing up it was production cars then homologated production specials.
Now it's a space frame with paper thin panels.
They do the Ford vs Holden thing but that's only the logo on the car.

We call it taxi racing.

This is why lemons racing is the greatest thing to happen to the racing world in a long time, at least in the US. Absolutely entertaining

Back