• Register Today It's free!

I have questions about lifts.

97eddiebauerep

Reaction score
City, State
google
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 eddie bauer
ok so i have a 97 explorer 4x4 eddie bauer 4.0 sohc i wanna get deeper in the trails with my buddys and there 4x4s but they all have lifted jeeps so i wanna lift my truck but cant seem to find out were to start looking and who has the best prices i would like to do at least a 4 inch suspension lift and some big tires any suggestions are welcome and thanks again for your help on my quest of going up !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres a good thread to get you started:
CLICK

look at the 4wd lift ideas, look like 4" suspensions gonna run you around $700..

a cheaper alternative is to do the 2" Torsion Twist and Warrior Shackles then throw on a 2-3" body lift, might i recommend the Performance Accessories part # PA-853. with that setup you you're looking at around $200-250. and then you can fit about 33" tires (depending on your ex).

If you're wheeling with fixed-up Jeeps, you might consider doing a SAS (straight axle swap) on your '97.
A simple bolt-on lift might get you some extra height, but you'll get little to nothing more in terms of performance (flex) out of that torsionbar IFS frontend, and you'll still be limited to around a 33" tire due to strength concerns.
Costwise it shouldn't be a whole lot different from an IFS lift, but with a Dana44 axle it will be miles ahead in strength and performance. Of course considerable fabrication will be needed. Check out the SAS section of the forum here for more info.;)

Back