questions about lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

questions about lift

Reaction score
City, State
SLC, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ranger XLT
i am thinking of doing a lift....and i'm not sure what route to take. the guy at the local shop here is trying to talk me into a body lift because then you don't need any special suspension parts, etc. i've heard they cause the body to rot faster (i live in utah where salt is used to melt icy roads) and eventually cavein on the taller mounts. how true is this? also...i have a manual tranny and transfer case. i see they make a shifter extension, but do they make one for the transfer case? or do i even need one? also, this is a 3 inch lift....what are the biggest tires i can use without rubbing? THANKS SO MUCH....i am so lost when it comes to lifts!!

Shane

First off do a search on this subject, there are lots of threads. Second what do you want with your truck, meaning looks or performance, on or off road. Most people will not recommend the body lift, but it's cheap. I would reccomend a suspension lift, super lift or skyjacker. Remember is you do a body lift, there will be a gap between the body and chassis.

Sorry man, just wanted to say hello to Positive Vibes, havn't said hello since TruckHaven, I'm the guy with the golf cart and the Red Exploder.

Back