I have REVERSE GANGSTA LEAN and two theories to fix it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have REVERSE GANGSTA LEAN and two theories to fix it

WitchCityMounty

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Monterey Mountaineer
IMGP3327.jpg

So As you can see my mounty is listing to starboard, as we say on the high seas. I did the TT/Shackes almost two years ago. Everything went smoothly. I did it at a garage with a very level floor and measured everything. Since I got back from sea this fall it has had this lean. Weight inside is very evenly distributed. So there is no way its cargo. I have looked at all the suspension components and they all LOOK fine(except for 1 I will get to). I measured the wheel clearance between body and top of tire today and this is what got

Front of truck
5.5" 4.5"
4.5" 3.5"
back of truck

So option 1 is crank that driver's side TT down an inch and see if that levels it out.
Option two is related to the driver's side sway bar link. Check out this picture and see if this looks bad:
IMGP3317.jpg

There are gaps around the bottom blue rubber thing and at he middle just below the sway bar eye.
IMGP3319.jpg

The top isnt looking so hot either with the blue rubber/plastic all crushed down.

Here is the passenger side. Looks perfect to me...
IMGP3320.jpg

So what do you think? Could that sway bar not being connected well cause the truck to lean? Or should I do some cranking? I am hesitant to go nuts on the crank because I think she is aligned well due to no uneven tire wear. Your thoughts as always are greatly appreciated!

Kyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i see you did a torsion twist. even a year after messing with them, they will settle. crank them to your desired ride height, and yes, an alignment. brakesplus will check it for free, you might still be within spec after you adjust them. the sway link doesn't have anything to do with it, besides being less effective in preventing body roll (because it has play). nice mounty though.

Thanks very much for your help. I will hit the wrench in the AM. I will post how it turns out!! Thanks again

Your gangster lean CAUSED your end links to be that way. :)

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
thanks for the input. I had no idea the TT would require further adjusting. The Mounty is very happy and she thanks you in addition to me thanking you!:thumbsup:

it looks like you're missing the metal "cap" that belongs between the bushing and head of the bolt? :scratch:

Back