i need help installing a aftermarket headunit in my 1995 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i need help installing a aftermarket headunit in my 1995 ford explorer

Joe19

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola,Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
i have a jvc headunit originally in it i had hooked up a amp to one of the speakers an it worked for a minute then the head unit wouldnt play sound in my speakers only my amp an sub i checked all the fuses so im guessing i blew the amp inside of the radio... so i am trying to replace it but the guy who had the truck originally did a hack job an cut the factory wires out an put the wires for the radio in instead an he did a bad job i pulled the radio out an was seeing if it had adapter for it but it doesnt so i pulled the wire off for the radio an disconnected it from the (factory wires) but im wanting to know how to put it back together im new to this can anyone tell me what wire goes with i would appreciate it.

do you have a harness for the jvc head unit? i found a map to the wiring in the second gen explorers once that helped me big time. let me see if i can find it and ill post the link.

Back