• Register Today It's free!

I need help lifting my XLT.

logo123

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Ok, so I have a 2000 ford explorer that I bought 3 months ago and everything was stock on it. Recently, I have replaced the leaf springs and put in add a leafs and got warrior 153 shackles on the back which gave me roughly 3 inches, and in the front I did a torsion twist, and the whole truck is lifted as much as my buddies who has a 1997 explorer with a 4 inch lift kit so I got roughly 4 inches with just that, but I am going to do a spring over axle which will give me roughly 5-6 inches in the back. The problem is I have an independent front suspension and I would like to swap it out for a solid axle, but that is way to pricey for me, is there any way I can lift the independent front suspension (like I mean with out replacing anything), meaning is there anything I can add to the front (like i put an add a leaf and lift shackles in the back) that will give me roughly 2-5 inches? I read something about an after market torsion key, but everyone I ask does not know what that is, and neither do I, also, can any body explain to me what an after market torsion key is?

Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208483

read through that...basically the only ways you're gonna get more than 2 inches in the front of your truck is an ifs lift that costs over a grand, a solid axle swap, or a 3" body lift on top of a torsion twist. torsion keys do the same thing as a torsion twist, except they cost you money. good luck.

You're pretty much stuck with just adjusting the torsion bars. After that you'd have to add a suspension lift like your buddy. Have you thought about a body lift? You could do a 2" kit with minimal effort.

Back