I want to repaint my side bars...what color for grey? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to repaint my side bars...what color for grey?

Steeda90GT

Reaction score
City, State
Central NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
My side bars are all scuffed up from people climbing in and out of the vehicle. I want to remove them, sand them down, and repaint them just to spruce it up a bit. Does anyone know what paint code they are?

The truck is a 99 Explorer sport with the grey bottom, bars are grey as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know the paint code, but I painted mine last year with some Dupli-color high performance wheel paint from Wal-Mart. They have a grey wheel paint that is the exact match to the grey on my 2000.

i had a 2000 ranger that the grille and bumper assemblies were painted that dark grey, it is called argent steel and auto zone/walmart carry it in the dupli like mwking stated. also you might just cal your local ford dealer w/ and attached b/s and they will know, also parts departments have access to color codes by vin #

It's called "Medium Platinum" Ford part #ALBZ-19500-6454A RC I have the same trim color.

Back