I won my lemon law case | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I won my lemon law case

I may be in the same boat soon. I just got my Explorer back last thursday, and knock on wood, my MFT isn't acting up anymore. Of course this was after 9 days in the shop and them replacing the USB/media hub, the touchscreen module and APIM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I won mine with my 2011 Edge LTD with out having to file a claim in Court. Ford graciously took it back putting me in a 2013 explorer LTD with a lower payment!! Woot Woot!!

have had zero issues with my MFT in my 2013. Had a ton of issues in my edge tho.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm debating trying with mine- numerous attempts to fix it have failed.

I heard from Ford Friday. My replacement is to be processed in the next few days, and then I'll get a call from the dealer to arrange for it. Hopefully not too much longer.

Congrats.....I had the same luck.....Im in a 2013 Limited now and the payments stayed the same. I added Tow Package and inflatable belts too. I noticed the different programming to the 4WD system right away. The green valve stem caps sure stick out, so Im guessing the 13MY has Nitrogen in the tires now.

The little things are all fixed. The 3rd row PowerFold seat buttons are better protected and backlit. The Hazard button is redesigned. The heated, power adjustable steering wheel is very nice. The A pillar buzz sound is gone as it was one of the first things I tested.

I also tested the Lane Keeping Technology and was simply amazed at how well it works.

Now I just have to find a power source to connect the DVD headrests. The older instructions are for the 2011 and the connector they suggest doesn't seem to be there in the 2013.

Congrats.....I had the same luck.....Im in a 2013 Limited now and the payments stayed the same. I added Tow Package and inflatable belts too. I noticed the different programming to the 4WD system right away. The green valve stem caps sure stick out, so Im guessing the 13MY has Nitrogen in the tires now.

The little things are all fixed. The 3rd row PowerFold seat buttons are better protected and backlit. The Hazard button is redesigned. The heated, power adjustable steering wheel is very nice. The A pillar buzz sound is gone as it was one of the first things I tested.

I also tested the Lane Keeping Technology and was simply amazed at how well it works.

Now I just have to find a power source to connect the DVD headrests. The older instructions are for the 2011 and the connector they suggest doesn't seem to be there in the 2013.

I may not get a 2013, may get a 2012. It all depends on availability and whether the dealers are ####### or not.

I don't want to have to order one though, cause then it would be a 3 month wait, and I don't want to do that.

I may not get a 2013, may get a 2012. It all depends on availability and whether the dealers are ####### or not.

I don't want to have to order one though, cause then it would be a 3 month wait, and I don't want to do that.

Jeez, why 3 months? It shouldn't take it that long to build a 2013 Limited!

Jeez, why 3 months? It shouldn't take it that long to build a 2013 Limited!

I have no idea how long it takes to build a car, I always heard 8-12 weeks.

That's not too bad then.

Ours was ordered and delivered in under 6 weeks (I think 5 1/2 weeks to the day, to be more precise). It really isn't that long, though it sure does feel like it.

How long before you find out how it is going to play out?

Ours was ordered and delivered in under 6 weeks (I think 5 1/2 weeks to the day, to be more precise). It really isn't that long, though it sure does feel like it.

How long before you find out how it is going to play out?

Next few days. I'm all set with FoMoCo. Now they upload the info to the dealer and they contact me. She said it should be middle of the week.

Congratulations! Now I have an order for you Sgt: Enjoy the car :D

Thanx VinceL

Thats an easy order to follow with the 2013, Im still surprised how much of a different vehicle it is from my 2011. MFT has been solid so far, even though I have owned it for 4 days.

Did you put the DVD in yours?

Thanx VinceL

Thats an easy order to follow with the 2013, Im still surprised how much of a different vehicle it is from my 2011. MFT has been solid so far, even though I have owned it for 4 days.

Did you put the DVD in yours?

We didn't go the DVD route. We limit little-mans TV time a lot. He actually prefers playing with his toys, reading books, and outside time (thankfully!). Plus, he is awesome in the car, which is a God send.

I've been reading you are having difficulty locating the necessary plug. Is it simply gone, or a different shape, or tucked so far somewhere as to be inaccessible?

Yes Vince your right. In the 2011 Explorer Limited with OEM Invision headrest DVD system, the Ford installation document advises to do the following:

Find and disconnect connector BC3T-14B476- AA located on the SJB (Smart Junction Block) in the driver’s kick panel.

Connect jumper harness from power cable in line with OE connector and re-connect harness to vehicle.

But that doesnt seem to be there on the 2013.

Spoke to Ford again. Was told to visit the dealer and find a car. I just looked online, found one I wanted from a different dealer(mine doesn't have any 302A's), called the dealer and told him, and he's going to call and see if it's still available. If it is, I should have it in a few days.

2013 Limited
Sterling Gray Metallic
302A
Tow Package
20" polished wheels.

Spoke to Ford again. Was told to visit the dealer and find a car. I just looked online, found one I wanted from a different dealer(mine doesn't have any 302A's), called the dealer and told him, and he's going to call and see if it's still available. If it is, I should have it in a few days.

2013 Limited
Sterling Gray Metallic
302A
Tow Package
20" polished wheels.

Nice! I like the color choice ;)
Hope you land it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sterling Gray was my first choice too.

I was in the same boat as you I had to take one already on a lot close by.

I wanted a Limited V6 4WD 302A with Polished Wheels, Tow, 2nd row buckets, console, dual panel moonroof, inflatable rear belts, navigation so the only one available was Tuxedo Black.

Next one will be Sterling Grey.

Back