I would like to see pics of Explorer's with body lift and big tires. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I would like to see pics of Explorer's with body lift and big tires.

98 XLT 4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Easton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer XLT
I am thinking of putting a 3" body lift on my truck and adding like 32-34 tires on the stock rims. Anyone got any pics they could post on here? If you dont have them on a site to post on here send them to me at SVTCobraLTD@juno.com thanks everyone.

XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

w/ a 3" body you can get 31's, maybe 32's - but I wouldn't consider any higher. If you did a 2" TT (5" of lift) then you could maybe fit 34's, but it'd eat up your front suspension.

-Justin

check out my photo gallery i have pics of my truck with 2" torsion twist, 3" bodylift and 35s.

flyin, u got a locker at the rear?

3in bodly lift and 2 inch aal and coils. on 33's

Attachments

• jun01263.jpg
    jun01263.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 966

redrig: You keep that thing lookin' so good! It almost makes me want to drive a 1st gen, almost...

-Justin

PS - Why aren't you ever in the chat?

3"BL, Tad bit of trimming, 33s on 15x10" rims.
x21.jpg

check my sig for some pics
Still need to do some trimming as the tires dont fit all that well
Gary

3"bl and 1"tt/aal

367372_1_full.jpg

i have 3bl and 1"tt/aal with 32x1150x15

35" B.F. Gs with 3" Body Lift, 4" Superlift and an additional 1" by adjusting Torsion bars. SOA in the rear. Still need to trim the rear inner fender on the fronts. I had the 2"TT for a year and didn't like it. I highly recommend a real suspension lift if you are going to lift it.
Dead Link Removed

PS - Why aren't you ever in the chat?
i just figured out how to get in there the other night.

swak6287 i like how yours looks. What kind of tires you got on there?? What kind of tires do you all have? Also im new to the truck stuff (im a mustang guy) but what is TT and AAL?? Thanks

XLT

TT is torsion twist
AAL is add a leaf

Anyone have a lift on a 95 e.b.?

Does anyone have and willing to sell their stock 16x7 chrome 3 spoke steel wheels? Where to get them cheap? Found out I had 2 slightly bent wheels causing excessive wear and vibration. Thanks

Another one you'll see is SOA which means Spring Over Axle. The Explorer rear springs are under the axle stock. You can gain a 5" lift in the rear with a SOA.

Sounds like you are looking for a 3" Body Lift and a TT with Warrior shackles in the rear. The shackles in the rear give just under 2" of lift. I combined the shackles with an add-a-leaf and a 2" TT for the front. It is enough to clear 33s with slight rubbing. This is a pic with that set-up which looks good on an Explorer and is very cheap to do (the Cherokee is stock):
Faceoffcopy.jpg

Do a search for TT or check the TIPS SECTION for directions. BEWARE- Once you start...it's hard to stop...untill your broke that is!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

98xlt4x4, those are 33s BFG AT KO. i love them. thoaew rims that u see are 15x7. not too good on tread wear, so bad that i was running 25psi and still not getting good wear. finally 15x8.

Back