In-Channel Ventshade repair | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In-Channel Ventshade repair

Yesterday, I found a set of In-Channel Ventshade Visors for my truck at a garage sale. They are in pretty good shape. I probably take some wax and buffer or something to them to remove some of the scratches. I also have to remove the old double sided tape.

One of the shade visors, the one for the right rear window, is brocken in two. It broke in my car on the way home, bunch of junk in the back of my car :D.
Do any of you know if it is repairable to the point where the average person won't even notice. I was thinking of using a small amount of adhesive caulk or glue, something that dries clear. Any suggestions.

-Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about the acrylic glue that they use on fish tanks? the bottle even has a needle tip to apply it

where can you find this acrylic fish tank glue?

-Marc

I know Petsmart carried it back in the day... Or a fish shop/aquarium pet dealy-o. Most fish specific stores will do custom tanks, and they have the stuff too...

I look around and compare items. When find something I like, I'll make a How-to thread.

Also, is Scotch exterior double-sided tape sufficient enough to mount these ventshade things or should I go 3M?

-Marc

3M would be my choice because their products seem more industrial.

If you have to flex the broken vent visor to get it into position you should get it set and then glue it. I can't imagine any adhesive that will withstand a flexing.

Do the install and then glue and tape it together untill it drys. IMHO

Back