• Register Today It's free!

inlet is the outlet?

SteveO2569

Reaction score
City, State
Brentwood TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
i swapped my mellowtone dual for a flowmaster 40 series swept side about 2 months ago and i was just recently underneath my car when i glanced at the muffler and saw that they put my inlet pipe as my outlet pipe and outlet as inlet when they installed it in order to meet the requirements of 2 in single out, it sounds great but my question is, am i losing power seein as how the air isnt flowing against the muffler like it should?

Did the people that sold you your muffler also install it? I'd say make them get the correct muffler for what you thought you bought. I don't think Flowmaster would have marked inlet and outlet on the muffler if they didn't want it run that way. I'm sure you're losing something, either performance, or sound.

yea they said they would fix it but they dont have a 2 in 1 out flowmaster so there gonna put in some othger performance muffler so im gonna see how i like it on tuesday and if i dont like it they said theyd swap it back, just wanted to know if i was losin that much power before doin all this, but thanks

I doubt there's a power loss. If so, very minimal. If you like the sound and they're willing to swap mufflers in and out for ya, try what ever you can!

Back