INSTALLED MY SYSTEM TODAY! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

INSTALLED MY SYSTEM TODAY!

Originally posted by Holty
One question,....i have this high pitched wine sound coming from my speakers and it seems to follow the trail of the rpm's when driving. for example, as the rpm's get higher, the wine get louder and higher pitched....what could this be? thanks!
My system in my 94' has had that whining noise that varies with rpms for the last 2 1/2 years. Cannot figure out what it is, almost every car I've been in with a system has it? How do you get rid of it? Did you guys just move the ground wire somewhere else?

My system consist of a Clarion DRX8675z Millenium Edition head-unit, Pioneer mids in all doors (6x8 custom fit series for Explorers), three 10" MTX Blue Thunder Extremes, an MTX 2300x amp for the subs (very powerful, about 700 watts rms), a MTX Blue Thunder amp for the mids (about 400 watts rms) and of course all Monster Cable and fuses. The amps are also bolted onto the back of that metal-flappy thing on the rear seat, could this be the problem?? And yeh the system is loud as hell, loudest one at my high school and college right now, and clear as hell, mostly set up for SQ, but just by adjusting the bass will make it drop till you can't hear:D . The best is when I pull up to some thug-wannabe, and if I have a rap cd on, I'll take it out and put in Linkin Park or Disturbed or 3rd Strike, haha, scares the hell outta them.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
NO SUB?!?!?!?!?!?!
the system looks great man! but u NEED a sub. everyone needs some bump in their life!

i couldnt imagine spending money aon a stereo and NOT getting a sub!

other than that the system looks great!! have fun

*subliminaly*get a sub get a sub get a sub*subliminaly*

Re: Re: INSTALLED MY SYSTEM TODAY!

Originally posted by SaleenEXP

My system in my 94' has had that whining noise that varies with rpms for the last 2 1/2 years. Cannot figure out what it is, almost every car I've been in with a system has it? How do you get rid of it? Did you guys just move the ground wire somewhere else?

Ya, it's your ground as well. Their are also sound filters that you can buy and install that will help with this too (Radioshack?).

Good luck!

Hey Holty...

Where did you get your receiver installation kit from?

By the way, nice system set up and NICE looking X.

I got the install kit from Best Buy for about $16. Although, it does look nice, i don't like it. The whole thing just kinda snaps into the dash and the bottom part on the right side always seems to come out of it's snap. Also, there is nothing at all holding it in there besides the snaps, so stealing my head unit would only take about 2 seconds.

Originally posted by Holty
there is nothing at all holding it in there besides the snaps, so stealing my head unit would only take about 2 seconds.

good to know, ill have to take a memo of that!:D :D j/k

One very common mistake that people make is when they run there remote wire (amp lead turn on) they run it down the same side as the rca wires. You need to remember that the remote wire also carries voltage and voltage carries interference. try running your remote wire down the same side of the truck as your power wire.

thats y i dont understand the rca cables that have a built in wire for remote control.

yee haw! post number 200!!:D

isn't that why you're supposed to buy good rca's? the good ones shouldn't let any interferance in and should be shielded properly. thats why i spent nearly $60 just on my rca's. wtf?

Holty, did you run new ground wires in the engine compartment too? I ran a new ground 4ga wire from the battery to chassis and a 4ga from the chassis to the engine. This made a world of difference for me. Also I have my amps grounded at the same point you have yours grounded, to the seat bracket bolt under the flap. Before mounting it though, I broke out my Dremel and removed the paint from around the stud/face of the nut. How about your HU, where did you ground that? Do not use the ground in the factory harness, run a new ground.

Originally posted by bates
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
NO SUB?!?!?!?!?!?!
the system looks great man! but u NEED a sub. everyone needs some bump in their life!

i couldnt imagine spending money aon a stereo and NOT getting a sub!

other than that the system looks great!! have fun

*subliminaly*get a sub get a sub get a sub*subliminaly*

Ideally, yes you would need a sub, but a good pair/set of 2-way or even 3-way component systems with enough power will hit hard enough to feel, not shake the rear-view off, but pretty hard. Also the human ear can hear 20Khz - 20hz, a sub is about 15 - 100hz & a component system will do 50 - 23khz (if you get MB Quarts), so you will get overall more so to say bang for your buck, but you gotta piss of the next to you sometimes. oh well.

Originally posted by pband599

Ideally, yes you would need a sub, but a good pair/set of 2-way or even 3-way component systems with enough power will hit hard enough to feel, not shake the rear-view off, but pretty hard. Also the human ear can hear 20Khz - 20hz, a sub is about 15 - 100hz & a component system will do 50 - 23khz (if you get MB Quarts), so you will get overall more so to say bang for your buck, but you gotta piss of the next to you sometimes. oh well.

true but its all about the bump for me!:D :D

well, I know this thread is Really old but i thought it was best to update it instead of starting a new one. I finally updated my system with another amp and a sub. I installed a JL Audio 300/2 amp and a JL Audio 12w3v2 on saturday. Let me just say i can't believe i've gone this long without a sub. It sounds so good i find myself taking the long way to work and back just to listen to my system a little longer. I will have some pics tonight i'll post up so everyone can see. I also cleaned up my wiring and fixed that annoying alternator whine i was having.

haha sweet. it is such a crazy difference, glad to hear you finally took the plunge ;)

Originally posted by bates
true but its all about the bump for me!:D :D
LOL. I imagine your the guy who has a 1000watt amp going to 4 12's, while your mids are running off deck power. :D

Back