Installing update file from edge sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing update file from edge sport

harmsangha

Reaction score
So my sister has a 2011 edge sport and was able to download the update. Mine says I have to take it to the dealer for some reason. If I put the USB from my sisters edge into the explorer would it update? I'm kinda hesitating to try it. Don't wanna fry the system

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ewwwwww. I wouldn't do it. Different. You may pooch the system. Make sure you have version2.11 around. Just in case.

Chances are you might be fine, but I would really advise you to wait. You never know what differences in hardware or even software the two systems may have. I know it stinks having to wait, but what's another week if you can get the update and avoid a possible repair or complete reboot by trying the Edge system?

Chances are you might be fine, but I would really advise you to wait. You never know what differences in hardware or even software the two systems may have. I know it stinks having to wait, but what's another week if you can get the update and avoid a possible repair or complete reboot by trying the Edge system?

+1. I'm forcing myself to wait because I have Nav, even though I'd probably be fine. But why take the risk for the sake of another week or two?

Just an FYI - I have NAV, I downloaded the files from syncmyride.com by selecting I did not have NAV and everything has been fine on my end except the NAV of course. Well worth the update.

I don't get the option because it says mine requires a dealer upgrade. I phone the dealer and they have no idea what i am talking about. THey continue to say that I will receive a package in the mail to do it myself. I phoned Ford's IVT department and they confirmed that my vehicle would have to be taken to a dealership to have the update installed and that I would be provided with the SD card update. The dealer has no idea what his is all about and says they they do not provide SD cards for free. Ford manages to pooch things up on a pretty consistant basis. The IVT team also says that my vehicle would not receive the package and the dealership should know what to do. Is there anyone from ford on this page that can help me get my dealership up to speed?

Well I called Ford's customer service line and spoke to a very helpful person (forgot his name). He advised me that my upgrade package was infact mailed already and did not know why the syncmyride site was giving me a dealer install message. I asked him if I could just install off my sister's edge sport usb drive and he said yeah it should work fine as all the usb upgrades are the same. I did it, and it worked! Upgraded without issue, now I just wait for my sd nav card in the mail. The new system is amazingly quick

Well I called Ford's customer service line and spoke to a very helpful person (forgot his name). He advised me that my upgrade package was infact mailed already and did not know why the syncmyride site was giving me a dealer install message. I asked him if I could just install off my sister's edge sport usb drive and he said yeah it should work fine as all the usb upgrades are the same. I did it, and it worked! Upgraded without issue, now I just wait for my sd nav card in the mail. The new system is amazingly quick

If you don't mind me asking, what year is your Explorer and was it n early build date?

:mattmoon:That's great news. I'm just going to hound my dealer until the get me an SD card. I have the update already. Ford told me that the dealer is doing my update and supplying my SD card. Doesn't matter. Ford has produced a superior product here. To all the nay sayers. I say:mattmoon:

My ex was built in feb 2011, and I was getting the dealer install required message on syncmyride.com

My ex was built in feb 2011, and I was getting the dealer install required message on syncmyride.com

Thanks for your reply. This is getting weird. Not sure they know what is going on with dealer required installs.

Back