Interesting Link | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interesting Link

Sojourner

Reaction score
City, State
Out in the boonies, California (Homeland/Romoland)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Toyota Camry
Hiya!
I don't know who to address this to or where to post it but, since it has to do with a thread that is in this particular forum, I thought this would be a good place for it.
I found the following link when I did a search on the term "frankentranny" and thought Brain and Glacier might be flattered:

http://dwalin.ru/?articles/frankentranny/part_1.html

It is all in Russian but you can clearly make out Brain, Glacier991 and Project Frankentranny "AKA" A4LD/4R55E/5R55E Hybrid Project. Good job guys! You're being translated in to foreign languages now. I'd say that's quite the compliment! :thumbsup:

Sojourner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AHaha oh wow scary!

AHaha oh wow scary!

My friend did a thing he called a "frankentranny" (I guess this is a common term when men modify their transmissions) in his truck so I thought I would do a search on the term because I hadn't heard it before. I came across that site and recognized the user names from this site. I thought it was interesting and just wanted to share! The internet is virtually shrinking the world! lol

Actually some time ago the webmaster of that site asked my permission to translate the A4LD Rebuild Diary into Russian, which I of course granted... looks like he also did others.

Actually some time ago the webmaster of that site asked my permission to translate the A4LD Rebuild Diary into Russian, which I of course granted... looks like he also did others.

Cool beans! I didn't know how that worked but I thought it was neat! (Many times people just translate what they find online without asking permission because they don't think they need it. It's nice to know there are still SOME honest people around!) And, since I don't speak or read Russian, I couldn't make out anything except the title and the recognizable names. lol

Sojourner
(I take it you speak Russian? :D Yes, I am green with envy, if you do! I always wanted to be a linguist!)

I speak but a single word of Russian.....NYET! (that's NO!). We have a very large Russian population in the Sacramento area, and it always seems strange to see Russian Cyrillic Names on stores (which I cannot read either.

The older Explorers are very popular in Russia I was told.

Then I guess I know twice as much as you..... nyet and dosvedanya (that's good-bye)! lol

As far as translations, I am sure anyone who needs something translated can use any number of online translation tools (Babelfish, http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr, comes to mind off the top of my head).

(Disappearing posts.... that's a new one! How do you do that?) :confused:

Back