Intermittent No Start on '02 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent No Start on '02 Sport Trac

jglazelpn

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
Hello All,

I have exhausted the search functions on a ton of websites and have found no definitive solutions, so here's my issue(s). I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2wd 4.0 v6. 9 days ago after having no issues, the truck wouldn't start in advance auto' sparking lot. It had ran fine, I went in to get something, came back and it wouldn't start. It sounded like it wasn't getting any fuel. After resetting the battery and verifying the inertia switch and fuel pump relays were ok, it still wouldn't run. After maybe an hour of sitting there, it started up and ran these past 9 days w/ no issues.

This morning, my heater never would heat up, the CEL came on, (first time CEL came on since I bought it in may), codes P0171 & P0174, bank 1&2 too lean. I cleared them, drove 40 miles to work and CEL never came back on. After driving home and grabbing some trash to haul off, it won't start again. I ran through the fuses and relays, all are fine.

If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear from you. I've read a lot of ppl saying their mechanic replaced fuel pump and the problem persisted. Any ideas would be great. Thank you in advance!

Back