• Register Today It's free!

Intrack mounted vent visors

HalR

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
I have heard some good, and some bad about the newer in-track type vent visors. I have two other vehicles with the older style tape surface mounted visors, and have had no problems with them. However, I really like the cleaner appearance of the newer in-track mounted visors, but I have heard bits about them leaking rain. Does anyone have any experience with them? Do they leak, or have any wind noise? Does it damage the track to install them? These would be installed on an '06 XLT.

Thanks all...

Halr

:usa: :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the intrack vents by Vent Shade and I love them. They were installed when I bought the truck, so I can not say how much they increase wind noise. I would have to say all vent visors will increase wind noise but the intrack would probably increase less because they don't stick out as far as the tape on style. Oh and no they do not leak. I have had my truck for 2 years and drive through a car wash at least once a week. No leaks.

great..

Good news, as I like their style better. :p: Did you ever notice, how are they attached? Are they held in by tape or friction? Could they ever be removed without damaging the window seals? I had to remove the external mounted one once, and it is an excersize in patients, that's for sure. I hope to never remove them, but just in case.

Thanks,

Halr

I've had them on my '97 for six years with no problems at all.

Hey.. That's what I needed.. I didn't think to check out the installation instructions on their website.. :rolleyes: Now I see how where the adhesive tape is attached. Thanks for the input guys..

HalR.

father in law has them on his mounty there is no tape not needed and yes they can be removed

Back