Introducing the Livernois Motorsports Split Personality Tuner (SPT) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Introducing the Livernois Motorsports Split Personality Tuner (SPT)

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Would you Explorer Sport folks have any interest in this product?

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering in conjunction with AIW would like to present yet another industry first!

The Livernois Motorsports MyCal Split Personality Tuner (SPT)

Our newest product allows for on the fly switching for race gas or nitrous tune (no programming needed to switch between tunes). When the secondary tune is armed, the tune is activated. No confusion trying to remember what tune you last uploaded into vehicle. This allows you the peace of mind to drive anywhere at any time and be ready to race! We also custom set a higher idle RPM for to ensure that you know the secondary tune is installed. The tune automatically compensates for nitrous specific or race gas specific tune, you're always ready to race, no need to change anything else! Just flip the switch and you're ready to go. This product has zero downtime during tune switch, no more being caught off guard with the wrong tune installed on your vehicle.

Because this a MyCal product, our existing MyCal tuners can be updated to support this new functionality for your vehicle!

This MyCal device is currently available for purchase on any 2011+ Mustang and F150 (including Raptor) that is equipped with a V8 engine

Please call us at (313) 561-5500 for more info or to purchase this product!

YouTube

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For me, I'd want a low boost eco mode and a high boost performance mode. All using the same 93 octane. I feel like the boost kicks in early when I'm cruising at 70 thus causing more fuel to be required. I have wondered if by turning the boost down the MPG for long trips would be better.

I fully agree with The Cheat, an economy/performance combo would be what I would look for.

Also, does the tuner have to be permanently installed in the vehicle in order for this to work?

My existing mycal Calibr8or tuner can be made to work with this split personality system?

Just like The Cheat and JDookie I'd like to be able to switch on the fly to a different map just not necessarily race gas or nitrous.

That would be cool, maybe water-meth and 93 octane.

For me, I'd want a low boost eco mode and a high boost performance mode. All using the same 93 octane. I feel like the boost kicks in early when I'm cruising at 70 thus causing more fuel to be required. I have wondered if by turning the boost down the MPG for long trips would be better.

Yep, same here. Except I'd be ok with lower octane too.
I'd like an eco mode to adjust shift points and boost and a performance mode to increase WOT, shift points, and boost. Git 'r dun!

Too bad it doesn't work on Explorers...

I think this sounds cool, but i wish it was more like my audi's tune. I have an APR tune and they have four different loads already on the computer, no need to hook up a tuner. just used the stalk control and swap the tune.

I don't have a need to swap on the fly, but it does sound kinda cool.

Too bad it doesn't work on Explorers...

I'd assume that's why they're posting up to see if there's enough interest to get one that works for explorers.

I think this is a great idea. The sport is my wife's DD, but I drive it pretty often. She'd probably use the normal 93 tune, whereas I'd want the balls to the wall 93 tune lol. Not realistic loading and swapping tunes iwth a handhand every time I drive it since it takes a few minutes and if I'm just hopping in for a 10 minute drive it's not worth it, but if it's a push of a button, I'd use the feature all the time!

Where is that switch in the video connected? It would be really cool if I could run my performance tune, but when I select tow/haul it switches to the 91 tow tune. I'd pay for that.

To answer your question. Yes, I'd be interested.

Where is that switch in the video connected? It would be really cool if I could run my performance tune, but when I select tow/haul it switches to the 91 tow tune. I'd pay for that.

I'd be quote interested in that as well, being able to switch to a tow/haul tune with the factory tow switch.

I fully agree with The Cheat, an economy/performance combo would be what I would look for.

Also, does the tuner have to be permanently installed in the vehicle in order for this to work?

Guys I apologize for the delayed response. My name is Anthony and I am currently handling the posts on here now. At this time the Split personality tuner is designed for changing between two tune files. Examples would be from switching between two octane levels on the fly such as from pump to race fuel, from 87 to 93 octane performance, or even from a performance tune to a nitrous or methanol tune. We are in the process of developing a version for the EcoBoost as well. -Anthony

Guys I apologize for the delayed response. My name is Anthony and I am currently handling the posts on here now. At this time the Split personality tuner is designed for changing between two tune files. Examples would be from switching between two octane levels on the fly such as from pump to race fuel, from 87 to 93 octane performance, or even from a performance tune to a nitrous or methanol tune. We are in the process of developing a version for the EcoBoost as well. -Anthony

How does it switch tunes? It would be really cool if my standard tune could stay as the 93 high boost and when I press the tow button it changes to the towing map.

How does it switch tunes? It would be really cool if my standard tune could stay as the 93 high boost and when I press the tow button it changes to the towing map.

The tuner has to be connected to a hardwired harness that we typically hide in the glove box or center console. It changes tunes by toggle switch. Currently it will only change fule maps but unfortunatly not able to switch to a tow tune. Also this is not compatible with the EcoBoost tunes currently, only the n/a tunes such as the Raptor, Mustang, 5.0l F150 etc. -Anthony

Back