• Register Today It's free!

iPhone X doesn't work with USB

Blade_Runner

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited
Yesterday, I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone X.

In the past, when I plugged in the iPhone 6 to the USB, Entertainment would automatically detect USB1 and start playing the music from Spotify and I could see album art, skip tracks, and pause/play etc. This made me not want to crash the Explorer in a tree so I could get a new one with Apple CarPlay.

When I plugged in the iPhone X to the USB, Entertainment looked as though it was about to complete the automatic USB1 detection and start playing, but it dies and stays with the Entertainment turned off. Then I tried to manually select USB with the iPhone connected and it said "no compatible media on device". This makes me want to crash the Explorer into a tree so I can get one with Apple CarPlay.

Does anyone know what changed? Both iPhones have the same iOS and Spotify.
I'm running out of idea's here.

SOLVED!

The software on the iPhone will not work as expected with a third party music application unless there is at least one song in Apple's Music application to play. Most all apple products come with a test song loaded in said application. I believe it is sweet piano music by Scott Joplin. Apparently, Apple got cheap and fails to load the most expensive phone on the market without any test songs!. I purchased a $0.69 Wheeler Walker Jr. song and I was off to the races.

I found this information on the Spotify help community.

If you don't want to drive your Explorer into a tree, put at least one song from iTunes on your iPhone.

Back