Is a Dana 35 axle assembly worth $ to anybody? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is a Dana 35 axle assembly worth $ to anybody?

WickedWindsor

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
351 powered, 1991 XLT 4x4
Recently, I posted to kijiji to try and sell my Dana 35 TTB assembly with 4.10 gears and I've only got 2 replies but nobody has followed through yet.

Am I wasting my time with this? I'm not in any hurry.

I figured someone would jump at it because it has Milemarker manual hubs and 4.10 gears includes axleshafts, good rotors, new bearings etc.

Maybe I need to wait for the right buyer to come along. Should I part it out instead? What does everybody think? I definitely don't want to ship anything.

Advice please!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it depends on where in Ontario you are,,

shipping would kill most deals, but if somebody was close enough they might pick it up,

like it would be no good to me, i am west of Thunder Bay,., shipping,,

I'm thinking you may sell it better (with shipping) if you split it apart.

Pumpkin with the 4.10's
Hubs
Spindles
Hubs.

Not many people need beams, but shipping may not be too bad once empty.

~Mark

It would be to me if you were just a wee bit closer, well mainly just the pumpkin.

Yeah I think it boils down to location, location, location. If you are near a heavily populated area, the probability of getting a buyer is greater. Demographics also plays a big role. For example, there's quite a bit of difference between the type of things I see going for sale in the Washington DC Craigslist and the Baltimore Craigslist - even though the two cities are less than an hour apart from each other.

1 hour away from Toronto, still in a heavy populated area, but maybe there aren't too many RBV's around anymore that old with TTB. At least ones that guys are building on.

I'll hang in there, keep listing it and see what happens.

Thanks guys.

Back