Is Anyone running a system w/o leaf springs in the back? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is Anyone running a system w/o leaf springs in the back?

id get new u-bolts for sure, if your are like mine (rust wise) then you'll have fun getting them off, and iv read that the bushing things arnt really needed, supposedly they just help with squeaks when your rear articulates

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently got a brand new set of rear springs from Standens in Calgary for $155.00 per side and all related hard ware including u-bolts for a few more bucks. The springs and u-bolts are all manufactured in house and they even supply springs for a lot of the big lift kit companies. U-bolts stretch and should only be torqued once.

I recently got a brand new set of rear springs from Standens in Calgary for $155.00 per side and all related hard ware including u-bolts for a few more bucks. The springs and u-bolts are all manufactured in house and they even supply springs for a lot of the big lift kit companies. U-bolts stretch and should only be torqued once.

X2 for down here, almost exactly the same price. All new springs are way better than add a leaf and beefing up sagging springs through HD shocks.

I gained at least 3 inches of stock ride height

Not a bad price at all :) Good to note about Ubolts.

id get new u-bolts for sure, if your are like mine (rust wise) then you'll have fun getting them off, and iv read that the bushing things arnt really needed, supposedly they just help with squeaks when your rear articulates

U-bolts are cheap right? Everything Im doing on my truck are bargain based :) So thats why the Springs apealled to me aha.

Yea city sprig should have what you need, crappy tire might also have ubolts but I wouldn't hold my breath on them

Just remember Explorer 8.8s are 3.25" diameter apposed to a rangers 2.80".

Just remember Explorer 8.8s are 3.25" diameter apposed to a rangers 2.80".

Im not sure what you mean by Diameter.. Entrixable can you explain that?

He probably is talking about the diameter of the axle.

I just replaced my leaves and the u-bolts are 3 1/4" round top. I got 10" lengths since I used a 4 leaf 1750 lb per side spring with an AAL.

I got about 3" without using shackles. I may put the shackles in, they're sitting there in a box, to get another inch or so. The torsion keys gave me 3" of lift in the front with the adjustment bolts at the original depths. I turned them out so that I'm right at 2" of lift, and the front is still slightly higher than the front.

I have to put the RS5374 shocks in tomorrow, to smooth out the ride some. The Ranchos I have in there now are to short and it does compromise the ride. The coilovers shocks in the back still had to pushed up with the floor jack to get them in place, so they should be ok.

I've ordered SportTrac end links for the rear sway bar. Once they come in, I have an Explorer Express rear bar to put in. I have to change the front links also, I'm sure they're to short now.

I have the BW4406 and all of the parts just sitting and waiting for another long weekend.

Once you start, you can't stop.

MT

MT

That's too true, it's like a sickness you can't shake off :D

And yea he's talking about the dia of the axel, I didn't know rangers had smaller ones but I don't drive a ranger so

He probably is talking about the diameter of the axle.

I just replaced my leaves and the u-bolts are 3 1/4" round top. I got 10" lengths since I used a 4 leaf 1750 lb per side spring with an AAL.

I got about 3" without using shackles. I may put the shackles in, they're sitting there in a box, to get another inch or so. The torsion keys gave me 3" of lift in the front with the adjustment bolts at the original depths. I turned them out so that I'm right at 2" of lift, and the front is still slightly higher than the front.

I have to put the RS5374 shocks in tomorrow, to smooth out the ride some. The Ranchos I have in there now are to short and it does compromise the ride. The coilovers shocks in the back still had to pushed up with the floor jack to get them in place, so they should be ok.

I've ordered SportTrac end links for the rear sway bar. Once they come in, I have an Explorer Express rear bar to put in. I have to change the front links also, I'm sure they're to short now.

I have the BW4406 and all of the parts just sitting and waiting for another long weekend.

MT

Well Im thinking Im going to be doing a 5 leaf swap from the f-150... so is a 10" enough do you think?

Back