Is there a 1" body lift made?

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
I'd like to have just a slight body lift for my97. I know there isn't a kit made just for my year but i can make it work, so i'm not worried about that. I would just like to have a 1", so does anyone know where to find it if there is one made. Do these kits come with the stuff for the front for my 97? I'm going to have to make my own brackets for the rear bumpers and radiator aren't i? Then i'm going to have to make some new mounts for my hitch because i can't stand to see everything moved up except for the hitch, can't stand it!! Then i'm probably going to have move up my spare tire mount because i've got a 30" tire under there that will be lower then my hitch because it's just barely underthere now. Man, this is just adding up to bunch of work the more i think about it, but i want it. Do you think if i got a 2" that my explorer would look dumb with the TT and all that good stuff that everyone does and running 31's?? Thanks for help!

Merry Christmas
Happy trailes!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2" BL and 2" tt/shackle lift running 31x10.5's. Everyone that sees it says it looks good, and i agree with them it does look good, i would keep it like this if i wasn't so 'pressed' to go bigger, but if you want the BL you might as well go 2" instead of 1". with my 2" bl and 2" TT/shackle lift there is 8" between the top of the front tire and the fenderwell and 7.75" in the rear. i am going to squeeze a 33x12.5 under mine(with some trimming) though when i get the $

GO 2"

You will have just as much work in a 1" bodylift as a 2" , so why not do the 2" and get it over with . It'll look fine w/ 31's . MHO. ;)

2" bl with tt and warriors will look fine with 31s

Well, i guess i will be going with the 2"!

What all am i going to have to modify to make this baby work? I want to bring everything up with the lift so it doesn't look stupid. I'm going to probably do this before Jan. 19th because i've got a run up in VA with a bunch of guys. Thanks for your help fellas!!

Merry Christmas
Happy trailes!!

I got the 2" BL for the early model explorers, i had to get a few more bolts (take out the very rear bolt on your X now, and get 4 just like it, you will use these 4 plus your 2 stock ones and use them for the 6 middle bolts after the lift is in) the fan shroud drop brackets will have to be modified, i dropped my fan down 1" and it works fine, get the ranger front bumper brackets for the 98+ 3" ranger kit and you will have to make your own rear brackets(it isn't that hard i just drilled 2 new holes in the frame). and since you now have a 5spd, you will need shifter extention #3700 for your shifter, if you have any more questions lemme know

Hey Yomie, thanks alot. I really appriciate it. I was thinking today about the shifter extension, where did you buy your lift? I might go ahead and order one. Thanks again!

Happy trailes!

I actually bought the lift from Codewiz when he took it off his explorer, but you can buy the lift(like $89) and the shifter extention(like $30) at like 4wheelparts.com or Natltire.com, then you can call up Performance accessories and tell them you have a 98 Ranger and you need the 3" front bumper brackets, the brackets were $14 a piece ($28 total(L & R)). the brackets fit good, but have to be bent slightly. If you have more questions lemme know! Here are some pics of the 2" BL and TT/Shackle with 31's here

Originally posted by SplashMan
DO THE 3"!!! Just get it over with and do the 3" Body Lift with 32" tires so you don't have to cut any and it will look GREAT!

You know whats funny JOT017, splashman told me this also when i was deciding between the 2" and 3" and i was like nahh i'll just settle with the 2". Now i have the 2" on my truck, well guess what i'm saving money for? Yup your right a 3" BL, if you even have the slightest idea that you wanna lift it more in the future, you might as well get the 3". I'm regretting the 2" now just cause i wanna go bigger and run 33's

Well, i wasn't wanting to do a BL at all, that's why i was wanting a 1 inch, so 2 is pushing if for me. Tell what Yomie, you buy the 3" and i'll buy the 2" from you!! haha. I have 8 brand new(pretty much) BFG's and i can't afford 32's because of fuel and i'm getting married in July and my better half will shoot me!! so you know how that goes! Thanks though!

Happy trailes!

That is actually a good idea... you will be able to fit the 31s with only a TT 1" - 2" (front) and Warrior shackles 1" - 2" (back) and then by the time Yomie gets his 3" you will know if you want the 2" or not. I think you are going to like the "lifted" look and pry want to 2". Eric Cameron is running a 3" body with 31s right now on his '97 Sport and it looks good.

Yeah, so Yomie, it's up to you now man!! I already have the TT and ad-a-leaf and that good stuff, i'd just like to have a 1 or so more. Let me ask you a question, how do you access your spare tire with your BL? I was thinking about trying to block up that whole spare tire assembly to you could access it the way you are suppose to, what do you think about that?

Happy trailes!

ok, i was planning on doing the swap in mid January- beginning of february, if you are willing to wait that long i will gladly sell it to you, The blocks, bolts and fan shroud brackets, however i will need to keep my front bumper brackets and the shifter extention. I will sell you the blocks and bolts, you will need to get the 98+ 3" ranger front bumper brackets and #3700 shifter extention from performance accesories, lemme know what you think

Tell me how much you want for it and we'll make a deal, hows that sound? I'm getting ready to walk out the door right now for a run, wish i had it on already!! How do you get your spare tire down with the BL? Thanks man!

Happy trailes!

unless you drill a new access hole in your bumper or move the whole assembly up with the BL you won't be able to get the tire in and outta there, i leave my spare in my cargo area for now, but i think i will get some sorta roof rack on the truck or find some way of putting it up there, or i was thinking of getting one of thoes spare tire holders that go into the reciever hitch on the back of the truck, i see alot of people around here with them. As far as the lift goes, if your willing to wait i can sell you the BL Blocks, bolts, and fan shroud brackets for prolly around $40 shipped (negotiable) lemme know

Sounds fair enough to me!! Just one question, will yours work since it is a 2dr and mines a 4dr? Do they both have the same amount of mounts?? But if so then it's mine, i don't mind to wait a little while, no big hurry anyways. Man me and a buddy went to the Cranberry Glades here in WV and they had about 6 inches of snow last night and it snowed all day. We had a blast. Just us 2 in my explorer on old strip mines and rail roads. We had a bunch of topo maps and a GPS, if it weren't for those 2 we'd still be out there lost, but it was bad!! Just thought i would throw that in!! Keep me informed about the BL, don't sell it to anyone else!! Thanks man.

Happy trailes!

Ahhh not fair..is there anyone else out there with a 2" BL that wants to upgrade? I wouldn't mind a deal like that. I have no idea what is meant by moving the fan 1" I like used things....they have been tested

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hear ya WILL. I just kinda lucked out with Yomie, he's been helpful and i guess i was at the right place at the right time!! Do you have any pictures of your truck Will?

Happy trailes!!

Back