Is there a step ladder for roof access that will fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a step ladder for roof access that will fit?

MBauer

Reaction score
City, State
Pismo Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Aerostar ext
Hello,

I just joined this forum and I have a 1997 Ford Aerostar extended. I have been searching online in hopes of finding a step ladder (for roof access that could be installed on the Aerostar). I have been unsuccessful in locating one. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it if you could send me a link and perhaps let me know what part of the Aerostar it could be installed on. Thanks

Welcome to the forum, I don't think you will find a van ladder made specifically for the aerostar van. A fabrication shop could modify a ladder to fit the aerostar. The drivers side rear would be a good spot to mount the ladder, the roof rack would be a good attachment point for the top, and the frame rail under the van for the bottom. I see you are from Pismo, I had a flashback of the waitresses at McLintocks carrying ladders to stand on to fill the water glasses.

Ok thank you for your reply. I thought perhaps if there was one that would fit the Chevy Astro then it might fit the Aerostar but maybe not. I love Pismo

The Astro and Aerostar are totally different vehicles... although if you found something that would fit an Astro van, you could probably modify it to fit yours.

That said... I drove an Astro van at work for quite a few years and retired it because of a bad rear axle and high mileage. I looked pretty hard for another one and accessories for them and had very little luck. Lots of Astro vans still on the road but nobody is making aftermarket parts for them.

Back