IS this Adrenalin a good deal! I want it bad! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IS this Adrenalin a good deal! I want it bad!

RoushStang

Reaction score
I was looking at this Sport trac Adrenalin at a dealership and they want 24,700 for it. It is an 08 with 22k miles black leather interior, Microsoft Sync, and the 4.0l V6 its for my GF so its perfect. I jsut think that price is a little high. Just would like some opinions because she loves it, and I don't want to get ripped off. Thanks guys

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love that truck man...always wanted one...looks mint...try and talk them down to like 23 ... 24,700 is book value for that truck and thats what they always try and get...a couple thousand off they can do you just gotta be stubborn and see where it goes....

I was thinking thats what they were doing but I feel this is probably the base model adrenalin and they are trying to charge me the cost of the V8 with every option. It is 3 years old and had 22k miles I cant do more than 21k I will try my best to get it down I just want to know what I'm talking about.

dealerships always start theyre price way high around book value...theyre always in need to get rid of the cars to make room for more...try and see if you can work them down...sux but thats the game goodluck man...truck is sweet...especially that color...:D

i use nadaguide.com to price out any car...you can go there and check it up...it tells you 4 prices of what your checking up is worth so you can get a ballpark figure in your head on how much you can play with...hope that helps

Walk in or make a phone call. Give them your offer and say "that is what is on the table". That is their "trade" code words. You will likely have to pony up transfer fees and such unless you tell them you want that included as well. Buyers market right now, I bet you can clinch it, just stay firm and be ready to walk away. They will bend and call you back.

I wouldn't pay over $22,500, which I still think is too much. If it had the 4.6, then I could see it. Either way, it's a slick ride and you don't see a STA everyday;)

I bought my 07 XLT 4x4 V8 with 23k miles for $19,500 in Oct 2009...I would recommend keep looking, because I think she'll regret getting the 4.0L

btw I bought mine from Carmax, I found it online and it was located in Arizona (and I live in GA). I had it shipped through Carmax to the nearest dealership and picked it up!

It pays not to jump on the first vehicle you find. I am on my second Sport trac and I bought both on line. I bought this last one....a 2007 Limited 4.6ltr fully loaded with 27K miles.I gave $19,900 for it last Feb. The truck is in mint condition and I love it. I found it on auto trader and picked it up in Florida (only a 4 hour drive, but worth it). Good luck with your search!

thats a nice Adrenalin did u end up buying it

My '08 non-Adrenalin non-Limited plain ol' XLT with 50k on it books for $21.5k. Talk them down if you can but it sounds like a fair price.

ok nada says its retail is $28,375 thats awd and no options added in. My 08 STA was loaded and stickered for 40,000 so 24,000 sounds like a good deal you may be able to get some off that if you haggle. I don't know how you guys think it's only worth 20,000.

ok nada says its retail is $28,375 thats awd and no options added in. My 08 STA was loaded and stickered for 40,000 so 24,000 sounds like a good deal you may be able to get some off that if you haggle. I don't know how you guys think it's only worth 20,000.

In 2005 I bought my 2002 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 4.6 for $14,500 and it cost over $40,000 when new as well. It was near immaculate when I bought it with no issues.

The more I think about this, I wouldn't pay more than $18,500 for it. If it had the 4.6, I could see a little closer to $20,000. Call me crazy, but that is what I feel it's worth.

It's really irrelavant what you think it's worth if you wanted it you would pay book value or around book value or find another vehicle. Your also comparing an 02 to an 08 which is also a specialty model. It's like saying a gt depreciates the same as a cobra, not true. I would say that holds true for an adrenalin they only made 6000 in 08 how many 02 explorers did they make. There a dime a dozen. I remember my 03 cobra was going for more than I paid two years after I bought it. Supply and demand people were asking a premium for them and if you wanted it you paid.

I also find it hard to believe that an 02 explorer was over 40,000 I think your reaching on the price a bit. Maybe 35,000 on the high side a 2010 was around 40,000 give or take with options.

It's really irrelavant what you think it's worth if you wanted it you would pay book value or around book value or find another vehicle. Your also comparing an 02 to an 08 which is also a specialty model. It's like saying a gt depreciates the same as a cobra, not true. I would say that holds true for an adrenalin they only made 6000 in 08 how many 02 explorers did they make. There a dime a dozen. I remember my 03 cobra was going for more than I paid two years after I bought it. Supply and demand people were asking a premium for them and if you wanted it you paid.

You do have a point, but an Adrenalin is nothing other than an apperance package. A Cobra on the other hand is a little different than a GT.

OP- It's your money and if you feel it's a good buy, then go for it:D

Edit: Not stretching on price. If memory serves me correct, I believe 2002 Limiteds started off around $36,000 before adding any options. Mine has a few:D I guess saying it was "over $40,000" is a bit of a stretch. Heck, a 2011 Limited 4x4 starts off at $40,000 and has another $7000+ in options.

OP- Sorry for derailing the thread.

Oh but think of the fun you can have

looks like a twin to mine -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back