Issues with DDM HID's... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Issues with DDM HID's...

Up til now, i've had no problems with DDM or the HID kits they sell....

First off, I ordered a 55W 8000K HID kit for my bronco, hi/lo, and a 35W 3000k for my friends 97 explorers fog lights. I ordered an H3 bulb, they sent what i think is an H1... :thumbdwn:

Now, my bronco had a 35W hi/lo kit in it and has always been perfect. We put this kit in the explorer, wired it up and it fired right up, bulbs were in working perfectly. Now at this point i'd like to say that i wasn't watching what was going on with that install, I had 2 friends working on it while i was doing my own truck. Apparently they started tucking the wires in and mounting everything, and now the truck has no headlights, just nothing... Parking lights and fogs work, but no high or low beam... All the fuses looked good.

Any ideas? I think tomorrow i'll pop halogens back in to make sure the truck still has headlights, if those dont work I know its something going wrong with the truck, and thats where my suspcions lie. My HID kit worked up until they started tucking wires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered an H3 bulb, they sent what i think is an H1

Check against their online bulb guide if they sent the wrong product then contact them and have them correct it.

Apparently they started tucking the wires in and mounting everything, and now the truck has no headlights, just nothing... Parking lights and fogs work, but no high or low beam... All the fuses looked good.

Check every fuse and relay on the headlamp circuit. I suspect your friends wired it wrong and blew something. If wired correctly a defective HID setup shouldn't affect anything else. You can isolate every new system you add so it is only triggered by existing systems not powered by them.

had the same problem on some ddm kits, unplug the harness from the ballast and flip the plug around and then try it. on their site they have something about polarity being backwards. We gave it a shot on a hi/low kit for a focus and it worked.

had the same problem on some ddm kits, unplug the harness from the ballast and flip the plug around and then try it. on their site they have something about polarity being backwards. We gave it a shot on a hi/low kit for a focus and it worked.

we figured out what it was, rather, I did :D, one of the pins in the control box managed to pull out of the plug, just slipped it back in and its good to go :thumbsup:

had the same problem on some ddm kits, unplug the harness from the ballast and flip the plug around and then try it. on their site they have something about polarity being backwards.

I noticed that with my DDM Raptor 2 ballasts. Every disconnect on their harness and ballast wires are idiot proof except the ones that go from the relay to the ballasts. Had to pay close attention to the (+) marking on the ballasts and the red wire on the harness.

Back