• Register Today It's free!

January MFT update???

artnalex

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
My wife took our EX to the dealer yesterday to get our first oil change. When she was ready to leave she asked the technician to help her with an issue she has with her phone playing music via Bluetooth to her car radio. The technician offered to help, but also informed her that a significant update was coming in January.

I have heard of a mysterious "upcoming" upgrade for several months now, but does anyone have any ideas what this upgrade will fix?

Art

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

don't think anyone has any info on what exactly the update will fix. BUT, i'm curious now if it's coming in January or April like they initially said.

Rumors have been circulating for awhile regarding a major rewrite. My bets are on a mid 1st Qtr release. With all the bad press MFT has been getting they maybe taking there time as 2.11 seems to have band aided the bulk of the problems.

I took my Ex into my dealer complaining about the nav system dropping the signal occasionally. They told me that ford was aware of the problem and would be addressing this and other MFT issues in january 2012.

Send a PM to Rebecca, see if she has an update.

Mft update in jan

Spoke to a guy at the dealership just today. He was actually IN Detroit last week at some big meeting, and they basically stated that MFT in 2011 Ford Explorers are BAD (I could have told them that... biggest piece of @#$@#$ I've ever owned).

The new version, which is on the 2012 models (which supposedly are fine) has been in testing and they will REPLACE the entire module of all 2011 Explorers in January due to the tremendous number of issues. (and I'm one of them). And we will get all of the "new" features of the 2012 version at no charge.

We'll see what happens.

Replace module???? I thought that there was going to a software update. By module do you mean a piece of hardware or just new software? BTW is there really a difference between 2012 my and ver 2.11 update? Again I thought that ver 2.11 was what is installed in the 2012 Explorers. I'm having no real problems except sometimes the phone is slow to answer and/or hangup from the steering wheel controls. Ver 2.11 did help that somewhat.

Spoke to a guy at the dealership just today. He was actually IN Detroit last week at some big meeting, and they basically stated that MFT in 2011 Ford Explorers are BAD (I could have told them that... biggest piece of @#$@#$ I've ever owned).

The new version, which is on the 2012 models (which supposedly are fine) has been in testing and they will REPLACE the entire module of all 2011 Explorers in January due to the tremendous number of issues. (and I'm one of them). And we will get all of the "new" features of the 2012 version at no charge.

We'll see what happens.

That guy is blowing smoke. As far as any one can tell, the 2012s and 2011s are identical right now. For sure, their software is. And the 2012s software is just as buggy as the 2011s, trust me. Both run 2.11, and 2.11 is a piece of crap.

The real questions are 1) will MFT 3.0 be compatible with 2011s and 2012s, and 2) will it require an upgraded APIM.

Tangentially, this guy seems to be suggesting the 2012s already have an upgraded APIM in preparation for MFT 3.0. If so, this is the first I've heard of that. In any event, as of now, software wise, both 2011s and 2012s have the same, buggy 2.11.

I don't know... that's just what I was told by the guy who was actually at that meeting. I'm new to all of this but I was told the entire MODULE would be replaced at no charge... not a software update.

Back