• Register Today It's free!

JET Performance MAF sensor

96743explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Big Island, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer V6 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, i seen that just after i posted the ebay link. ill look into it further down the road. focusing on saving for a programmer.:D

If your MAF is fine then you don´t need it.

A programmer is one of the best mods you can do.
I went with SCT, others have gone with superchips and DiabloSport.
I don´t know if the other programmers have the option to adjust fuel trims, which I presume is the whole deal of the JET maf sensor. The closer the fuel trims are to zero the better performance and fuel economy you´ll have. Of course that is to a point, as long as you are in the +/-5 region it is fine. +/-7 ain´t too bad either. Power and economy will start to be affected once you are close and beyond +/-10. Right now mine are around -2 which are great. Negative fuel trims are better than positive, as long as they are in the -7 to zero range.
For what I´ve read the best programmers out of the box are Superchips and DiabloSport. But with just a bit more you can get the SCT with tunes.
I haven´t tried other besides SCT so I can´t really say much about them. All I can say is that SCT out of the box isn´t that impresive, with the tunes it blew my mind.

Explorer45 have any vids of your truck in action? SCT is Henson Performance correct?

Back