• Register Today It's free!

JL audio box / amp?

93redbeast

Reaction score
City, State
boston, ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4.0 V6
after spending way too much time at tweeter i finally decided upon the JL audio loaded enclosure HO212R-W3. its a vented enclosure with 2 12" W3s, and it freaking pounds. i just need to know what amp to match it with, and i want to spend as little money as possible, the full box handles 500 wrms. i was looking at the JL audio 500.1 but i dont want to spend the 700$ tweeter was asking for it with installation.

nice setup. W3s are great. check ebay for a lower price on that amp. or you could check out Audiobahn amps. the A2601Q would be perfect for those subs. it will cost less then $300 on the net.

thanks alot leenjen, ill check into the audiobahn amp there, i was also looking at the Ultimate Digitalis DD1-1300s. i dont know much about Ultimate so do you know anything of their quality or performance. crunch was another option i was looking at, but the saleman at tweeter told me to stay away from them, even tho ive read so many good reviews. thanks for your help

Ultimate is a very good company.
Crunch is a lower end name brand. because of that it gets a bad rep. but actually, crunch amps are pretty good (if you dont have a lot to spend). they definitely cant compete with Orion, Audiobahn, Kicker, MTX, etc... but they are still built well and perform good.

Back