Just a quick door question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just a quick door question

I have a 1997 explorer 4 door and some a hole hit (and ran) my front drivers door. everything still works except it has that ugly dent.

My question is what years of explorer can I get a door from. The door is power with no keyless entry. Thanks for any help that anyone provides. Also what would be a decent price for a door. In in Portland OR if anyone near is partong one out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 1997 explorer 4 door and some a hole hit (and ran) my front drivers door. everything still works except it has that ugly dent.

My question is what years of explorer can I get a door from. The door is power with no keyless entry. Thanks for any help that anyone provides. Also what would be a decent price for a door. In in Portland OR if anyone near is partong one out.

Well the hit and run driver was found and arrested for hit and run and DUII but the guy has no insurance who would have guessed.

If any one can answer my door question it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

95 to 01 or 02 whenever the new body style came out

I'd say 95 - 2000 should be perfectly ok.. although I could be wrong. dunno if US doors are different to UK doors

Si

Thanks guys 1995 to 2000 is it. And I tentatively found a door so things are going OK so far.

Well now I am getting conflicting information, one guy tells me 91 to 97 are the same and
98 to 2001 are the same. Any more opinions would be nice.

The doors should be the same, just with different style/shape door handles and possibly trim differences, but the door shell itself is the same. Only thing I'm not sure of is the inside skin- are all of the holes for the interior stuff the same? That I don't know.

Where are you?

I've got a 97 Ex and I put the door trims from a 2000 Ex in mine.. they went straight in so i can't see that being an issue...

but as I said, UK cars might be different..

Si

I believe the connectors in the door changed somewhere along the way. I want to say 91-97 have the same connectors, where as the 98-01 were different...but I'm not 100% sure.

There are pictures in CDW's thread on the differences.

Ryan

Back