Just ordered 2012 Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just ordered 2012 Limited

Cool man :). Yeah mine's suppose to arrive on the 19th. Looking forward to it, also!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As of Monday mine is awaiting shippment. Hopefully it will not be sitting much longer. Only has to travel 300 miles so should not take but a day or so to get here. Can't wait!!!!

I'm in the same boat. Ordered by Ex Limited on 11/12, Build Date of 12/01, rolled off the line on 12/5, and has been awaiting transit since. I went ahead and created an account on the SyncMyRide site, and when I plugged in my VIN, it then showed all of the MFT/Sync updates that Ford ran on 12/5.

Cory has been outstanding with the updates and my fingers are crossed that we'll receive it prior to 12/24!

My Ex LTD Tuxedo Black Arrival

Mine is also slated to arrive next week - Dec 19th!

Good luck to all for no delays!

Mine was built on 12/9 syncmyride was up on 12/10 now it is awaiting shipment. The ETA has been showing 12/12 since 12/12. Just wonder how some people's are being built on Monday and arrive that same week on Friday.

Mine was built on 12/9 syncmyride was up on 12/10 now it is awaiting shipment. The ETA has been showing 12/12 since 12/12. Just wonder how some people's are being built on Monday and arrive that same week on Friday.

Agree, as my ETA has been set to "12/19" since prior to the build date. The dealer won't gaurantee that I'll have it before the New Year, but they did say there's a good chance that I'll have it by next week. I'm going to ping Cory tomorrow to see if he has any new info.

My Explorer XLT 205A had a due date at the dealership of 11-21. It has been built since Nov. 15th & just sitting in Chicago. The dealers Ford rep doesn't know why it's being held back. At least it's assuring others are getting held back too. I'm curious why Ford is holding these vehicles.

Ordered our's on October 3rd and still waiting...

Title says it all.

The dealership apparently can't get answers for 4 weeks and now all of a sudden its a delay in part for the liftgate (which I guess is possible if they discovered a fault). It just amazes me that Ford can't communicate this to the dealer without prompting, because in the end its the customer that is frustrated.

My wife is now on her 4th loaner car from the dealership, which is costing them $$$ on the mileage these cars are racking up. Started with a 01' Pontiac, then a 07' Escape, then a 11' Edge Limited (which was cool), and now a mystery car is on the way...

Anyone gets theirs yesterday like suppose to?

Nope, and based upon the updates Cory has been providing over the last few weeks, I wasn't expecting it to arrive on 12/19.

So I checked in with Cory yesterday afternoon and he said our Ex is now "In Transit" and the new ETA is 12/26. After his update, I reached out to my dealer, and they responded with the same information, though went on to say that they will make an attempt to expedite the delivery to Friday, 12/23 (I don't know how doable that is).

Nope, and based upon the updates Cory has been providing over the last few weeks, I wasn't expecting it to arrive on 12/19.

So I checked in with Cory yesterday afternoon and he said our Ex is now "In Transit" and the new ETA is 12/26. After his update, I reached out to my dealer, and they responded with the same information, though went on to say that they will make an attempt to expedite the delivery to Friday, 12/23 (I don't know how doable that is).

Just received another update from the dealer and our Ex is on a train and is less than 5 hours away (by car), yet Ford has bumped our ETA back a day to 12/27! The dealer still thinks there's a chance we'll have it by Friday, so we shall see!

Just received another update from the dealer and our Ex is on a train and is less than 5 hours away (by car), yet Ford has bumped our ETA back a day to 12/27! The dealer still thinks there's a chance we'll have it by Friday, so we shall see!

Well, Ford's ETA was correct! We were out of town when it arrived, so we picked up our Ex on 12/31. Wow, the 2012 Ex Limited is absolutely sweet! From the ride, to the handling it's quite an improvement from the 2003 Ex I owned quite some time ago.

The only issue so far is the mis-alignment of the passenger door panel and the dashboard. The dealer is going to talk to the service manager on Monday morning to see if they know of any fix. After I brought it to their attention, the dealer checked the rest of the EXs on their lot and they all have the same problem. So hopefully Ford will come out with a fix for this issue.

I've ordered the shark fin antenna and I installed the rear bumper cover from BMC Extreme Customs:

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20foexrebupr.html

After that, I'm looking at the chrome nerf bars and then maybe a set of new Ford emblem gel overlays.

Absolutely love this vehicle!

Picked mine up on the 2nd. It's funny waiting for a vehicle to arrive - I was starting to have doubts and wondered if I bought the best car on the market for what I wanted (and what I wanted to spend). Looked at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and seriously thought I might've made a mistake. That said, after a couple days of ownership, those doubts have completely gone away. This is without a doubt the most enjoyable vehicle I've ever been in. It's one thing to test drive, and a whole different thing to drive around town. Installed that bumper protector also (looks way better than the oem), sharkfin antenna, hard wired my radar detector and mounted with a blendmount, and had the front windows tinted to 15% to match the rear windows ("illegal" tint, but w/e - had the same on my Escape and it looks amazing). Can't praise the new Explorer enough. Also, haven't had a single issue with MFT - think it's that I don't ever have the need to mash through menus as fast as humanly possible. Glad to hear you got yours, too! Would love to see a pick after you install those gel badges!

Back