ordered 2012 Limited 9/30 and still no word | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ordered 2012 Limited 9/30 and still no word

mmaher

Reaction score
:ca:I am getting a little worried; ordered a 2012 Limited on Sept 30/11 and was told would take 6-8 weeks, now coming up on 8 weeks and last I heard from the dealer is that it would be December; based on what i am reading here it seems I should have a VIN number by now so that I can find out the build/delivery date; what can I do? I want my new car!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted this in a different thread also but i ordered mine on 11/9. I decided to call my salesman yesterday to inquire if he had the DORA or a VIN he could give me, since it had been a little over a week and a half. I was prepared to go into a lengthy discussion about how i knew he should have an order number by now, etc, etc but before i could even tell him why i was calling he said "I have your VIN number for you!"

So morale of the story it seems like it just depends how good/forthcoming your dealer and salesman are. From what i have read on here i can't believe they wouldn't have a VIN for you by now if you ordered back in Sept. But there seems to also be others who have had your same experience. Have you told your dealer that you have researched and seen that VINs typically get assigned within a couple weeks after order?

:ca:I am getting a little worried; ordered a 2012 Limited on Sept 30/11 and was told would take 6-8 weeks, now coming up on 8 weeks and last I heard from the dealer is that it would be December; based on what i am reading here it seems I should have a VIN number by now so that I can find out the build/delivery date; what can I do? I want my new car!!

Toronto here.

For what it is worth, I ordered mid-September (16th?) and had DORA next day. It took until early November before Cory could get me a full VIN, and it was just build on November 11th. No idea when delivery is, although I anticipate early December.

Based on that (subject to your priority) you should probably be just building soon, with mid-December delivery. I know you want your car NOW, but good news with a later delivery is that they put in more fixes and you have fewer issues. :) Who knows, you might even get better incentives in December?

Have you told your dealer that you have researched and seen that VINs typically get assigned within a couple weeks after order?

For what it is worth, while I had a partial VIN (letter and 3 numbers) with the DORA order, in my case the actual VIN wasn't available for 6 weeks.

thanks, I am in Toronto as well, I am stopping in at the dealers tomorrow to see about getting the VIN

I am in Toronto too. Ordered limited on sept 30, built nov 4, i got a call from my dealer last week saying it is in transit and mentioned delivery early this week but nothing yet

I am in Toronto too. Ordered limited on sept 30, built nov 4, i got a call from my dealer last week saying it is in transit and mentioned delivery early this week but nothing yet

I haven't had a call from dealer, but my priority was 18, ordered mid Sept, and wasn't built till Nov 11th - not that I was too concerned as I wanted Dec delivery.

I have only seen an Ex on the road a couple of times in Toronto; seem fairly rare so far, but it sounds like that will soon change ;)

I ordered mine on Sept 30 as well. It was built Nov 16 & is apparently now "in transit". I don't know how long the trek from Chicago to Alberta is but ETA is sometime next week! I don't know what my order status was (is) as it wasn't listed on the DORA. Hope you get some good news this week. This forum and facebook have been very helpful. You can also call Ford Customer Service as well. Good Luck!

Back