Just placed the order for a 2015 Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just placed the order for a 2015 Limited

We just ordered our 2015 Ford Explorer Limited, fully loaded with the Magnetic Metallic. They start building June 9 I understand that delivery will be in August. Some dealers have the 2015 F-150 in stock with the Magnetic Metallic it looks great.

You saw a truck thats not even in production yet?.....wow how did you pull that off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2015 Ford Explorere Limited

You saw a truck thats not even in production yet?.....wow how did you pull that off?

I was in error about the 2015 F-150. I should have said F-250 Super Duty's are in the dealers. For the 2015 Explorer Limited I did a lot of research on Ford sites and sneak peak on ford testing sites, about new colors and body changes and my dealers contacts on advance info and he told me the order date. So were able to place our order, he gets a preview every week from ford of what orders are going on the line, ours is due on the line on 9 June. :salute:

I was in error about the 2015 F-150. I should have said F-250 Super Duty's are in the dealers. For the 2015 Explorer Limited I did a lot of research on Ford sites and sneak peak on ford testing sites, about new colors and body changes and my dealers contacts on advance info and he told me the order date. So were able to place our order, he gets a preview every week from ford of what orders are going on the line, ours is due on the line on 9 June. :salute:

I was just teasing.....

Last week in Vegas I was able to attend the 2015 Ford Fleet Preview.

They had a 2015 F150 Prototype build in red for people to see, you couldnt go inside just see exterior but wow its impressive. If GM thought their new truck sales were slow now wait til this new F150 hits the dealers.

Just placed my order for the 2015 Ford explorer

I think its one of the best safety features offered, never mind that the Collision Warning and Brake Support system that's part of the ACC has saved me several times.

I would never buy a vehicle without it again.

Same with inflatable rear seatbelts.

Placed my order today. Took the advise and I did get the adaptive cruise control. Dealer will call me on Monday to confirm everything, said it will be about 6 weeks. They will send me the VIN as soon as they get it.

2015 4WD Limited Explorer
Caribou with Charcoal/Pecan seats
302A Package
Dual panel moon roof
Tow package
Adaptive cruise control

Stayed with the bench seat (best for my dogs :) )

Last edited:

Wow - six weeks? I just ordered my 2015 Explorer Limited today, and was told 8-12 weeks. Maybe he was hedging his bets, because I'd be soooo happy to get the car in six weeks!

Wow - six weeks? I just ordered my 2015 Explorer Limited today, and was told 8-12 weeks. Maybe he was hedging his bets, because I'd be soooo happy to get the car in six weeks!

I am betting on 12 to 14 weeks myself. The person that told me 6 weeks didn't even know the start of production date was June 2 so I am thinking she didn't really know.

Six weeks would be great and is not terribly unusual. However, you never know what may happen to extend the wait. I ordered my XLT 4WD w/tow on Dec. 17, 2013, build date was Mar. 8, 2014, delivery did not happen till May 24, 2014. I cannot describe how much I enjoy the Explorer. The wait was terrible as I had to borrow a worn out trailblazer. It died before my Paw Paw wagon came in but the dealer gave me a loaner Edge. Two weeks later I got my Explorer. Do not be discouraged if it takes a long time. It will be worth the wait. The Explorer is a fantastic vehicle.
Unbelievably comfortable and more than ample power. Plenty of room. I currently use mine as a service vehicle for facilities maintenance. It holds all my tools and equipment quite well. Just remember that the seat backs are not terribly strong. If you have to use it for heavy items, cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to lay on the folded seats. It will prevent broken seat backs.
You will Love your new Explorer, Enjoy! :D

Yes demand is very high right now, especially for the Sport model. Chicago Assembly Plant is running a Saturday shift just to keep up. Then to add to that the Interceptor Utility (Explorer) is the fastest selling Police vehicle made today so they are trying to keep up with that.

CHP is ordering them by the 100's, so is Nevada Highway Patrol, then add United Arab Emirates who places orders by the 1000's

Back