Just signed up for thei forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just signed up for thei forum

rpasetto

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just signed up to the forum... starting to look at new Crossover/SUVs of 7 and more passengers and the Explorer is definitely on my short list. One special requirement for me is that the new vehicle be "flat-towable", eg. towed behind my motorhome. Some vehicles are, some are not but according to some research already done the Explorer fits into the flat-tow category, along with some Jeeps, crossovers and 4wd SUV.

If any of you are using your Explorer (Gen 5- 2011-2013 that is) in this capacity I will be very interested in what your experiences have been as to wiring, tow base plate choices and other tow issues.

Well, off i go this AM to dealer lot... Happy travels to all!

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up to the forum... starting to look at new Crossover/SUVs of 7 and more passengers and the Explorer is definitely on my short list. One special requirement for me is that the new vehicle be "flat-towable", eg. towed behind my motorhome. Some vehicles are, some are not but according to some research already done the Explorer fits into the flat-tow category, along with some Jeeps, crossovers and 4wd SUV.

If any of you are using your Explorer (Gen 5- 2011-2013 that is) in this capacity I will be very interested in what your experiences have been as to wiring, tow base plate choices and other tow issues.

Well, off i go this AM to dealer lot... Happy travels to all!
Welcome to the Forum rpasetto. :wavey:
Have you checked out this thread? I think that is where you want to post.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316408
Good luck and happy shopping.

Peter

Back