The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
I'd like to upgrade my truck a bit. I understand that nobody makes a cold air intake for the 4th Gen Ex's. I'm looking at K&N 57-2564 (http://www.amazon.com/57-2564-Fuel-Injection-Performance-Gen2/dp/B000NKB2RC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328587250&sr=8-1) and Volant 19440 (http://www.amazon.com/Volant-19440-Cool-Air-Intake/dp/B001481P6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328587267&sr=8-1). Does one have an advantage over the other? Any modifications that need to be done to them once I get it? Or am I better off leaving the stock intake in. I'm also planning on getting a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust and a Superchips Flashpaq along with 265/75-16 tires. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the stock is cold intake. I suggest you keep the stock, safer, cleaner, cheaper and easier. Also, I read somewhere that no matter how much you put bolt on stuff, the power will remain the same unless you re-tune the PCM.

I believe the stock is cold intake. I suggest you keep the stock, safer, cleaner, cheaper and easier. Also, I read somewhere that no matter how much you put bolt on stuff, the power will remain the same unless you re-tune the PCM.

For the hell of it I ordered a Volant CAI. Now I'm running around trying to find the right mass air flow sensor adapter :frustrate...I really need to learn not to rush into things. Oh well once I find one and have a write up for the install.

I will be re-tuning once I put it in.

I made this plate and had it welded on so i could bolt it to the intake

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

I decided to send the Volant kit back. I ordered the K&N kit which arrived today and was quickly installed. I'll have a write up hopefully tomorrow.

Back