Volant..K&N..help me explorer buds! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Volant..K&N..help me explorer buds!

michaelkill4

Reaction score
City, State
Helotes, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
Hey guys,

Its time to invest in a air intake. Ive been looking stuff up and found two I like but want your opinions. First, the Volant. I love the looks of it but it shows to be a sealed system. Will that restrict the airflow? I would assume not since its aftermarket. I like the looks of it better than the K&N though.

Second, Would be the K&N. Not as sharp looking as the Volant, but that doesnt really matter. This one isnt enclosed and looks as if it may get more suction.. If anyone has any of these give me a feedback, would love to know what yall think! Thanks

Volant Air Intake :http://www.amazon.com/Volant-19440-Cool-Air-Intake/dp/B001481P6U

K&N Intake:http://www.amazon.com/57-2537-Performance-Intake-Kit/dp/B000CODKJW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a V6 or V8? I can PM a member here to see if he is still selling his K&N that is for a V8.

I have the K&N and love it. You'll pick up a little power, nothing really noticeable, but the sound...wow! I think I spent the first week doing WOT pulls everywhere I went just because I loved the way you could hear the sound rush in :burnout:

In the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either, so pick the one you like the best.

Do you have a V6 or V8? I can PM a member here to see if he is still selling his K&N that is for a V8.

I have the K&N and love it. You'll pick up a little power, nothing really noticeable, but the sound...wow! I think I spent the first week doing WOT pulls everywhere I went just because I loved the way you could hear the sound rush in :burnout:

In the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either, so pick the one you like the best.

Really appreciate the response! I have a V6 4.0.. Wish I had the V8 oh well haha. I know a lot of people with the K&N but love the look of the volant. Thanks again!

Do The volant. It still makes a good noise and I felt more low end torque. I had the k&n too. I didn't like that the box is open

Hello, I am new here and have a question. I have a V8 but my question is, is there a difference in the systems with V6 vs V8? The reason i'm asking is because I am also looking at purchasing one but having a hard time finding one that says it'll work for the V8 as all the ones i've seen say V6. Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am new here and have a question. I have a V8 but my question is, is there a difference in the systems with V6 vs V8? The reason i'm asking is because I am also looking at purchasing one but having a hard time finding one that says it'll work for the V8 as all the ones i've seen say V6. Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a difference between the two and you need to find one for a V8. Where are you looking?

IMO, apply the money towards an XCal tuner. Do you think the stock intake is restrictive?

Back