keyless entry?

energie

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, AB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
So i have power door locks and power windows, etc. but no key fob's or anything
is there anyway to buy a kit that just has the fob and whatever sensors it needs to unlock them since most of them come as a power door lock kit...which i already have power locks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not get an alarm system? I've never heard of what you mention, unless it's in a kit with the door lock actuators and that costs the same as a cheap alarm system

I got a scytek P10 alaem off ebay for about $35. It is a cheap one but it works. all i really wanted was keyless entry. If you buy off ebay make sure it says "keyless entry" or something along those lines. not all have this feature.

I picked up a keyless entry setup from JC Whitney for about $30. Came with 1 fob and a control box. Fairly simple install, though you do have to splice the wires in. Total job took me about an hour and has been in and working for about 2 years now with no problems.

Why not get an alarm system?

Because they go off when nobody's breaking into your car, and wake everybody up.

Only connect the keyless feature then

DEI/Viper does make a kit that works just fine in a 1st Gen Explorer or early 90's Ranger and it comes with two fobs, a valet feature and you can add a Remote Start option

the alarm i got has a shock sensor. if you dont hook it up somebody could hit you X with another vehicle and it not go off.

Back