• Register Today It's free!

keyless pad problems!

03limitedon22s

Reaction score
City, State
north dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer v8
i have an 03 explorer and recently found my factory code for the keypad. the keypad doesn't light up, turn on interior lights, lock doors, or do anything. i just picked one up from the junkyard and the same thing is going on. i tested the voltage on all the pins and have voltage on 4 of 6 wires rite at the keypad. one of the 6 wires is a ground and has continuity. as a side note i have programmed keys and fobs to the truck already and everything else for the key-less entry works. do you think its 2 bad keypads? or one bad wire? any suggestions?

Per Haynes wiring diagram:

Lt. Blue - Illumination
Blk - Ground
Brn - Keypad Common
Lt. Blue/Yellow - Keypad A
Red - Keypad C
Yellow - Keypad B

Ford is able to get 5 different button signals from the 3 Keypad wires. All wires (except ground) connect directly to the Central Security Module.

thanks! i will meter them again and see what happens. i did take the door panel off and check the harness and found two corroded pins. i took the female side of the pins out and cleaned them up and used dielectric grease. i used a meter on both sides of the harness afterwards and had the same voltage on both sides.

Back