Kids stuffed two CD's in the radio-Any way to get em out? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kids stuffed two CD's in the radio-Any way to get em out?

Jordan4461

Reaction score
City, State
Asheboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Yes indeedy, it aint easy to make something idiot-proof. A couple of neighbor kids were playing with the CD player on the Exploder while I fixed their mini bike. Evidently, they thought it was a multi-CD player, and just jammed a second CD in on top of the one that was playing. Any idea of the best way to get the CD's out of the Rabbit Hole?
Thank you!
Jordan

Hmm. Do you have the "smart" module (navigation, LCD screen, etc.) or the base unit (no LCD, no navigation, etc.)? If the base model, it should be a multi-CD unit.
But, from my experience, I'd say to first, remove the unit from the dash, then remove the electronics faceplate. You should now have access with a small flathead screwdriver to be able to pry out the culprit CD. If your unit still works fine after removing the CD, the first should just eject as normal once hooked back up.
Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. Lucky for me, when I pulled my battery for replacement, upon installing the battery and starting the truck again, the CD spit out both CD's together about 1/2". I was able to grab the top CD and pull it out, then the bottom CD pushed itself out. Got lucky for a change, and the unit works even after the kids jammed it up.

Just don't fix those minibikes anymore :)

Back