• Register Today It's free!

Kind of a dumb weight question...

zjrog

Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Ut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 Ranger
I'm replacing the stiffazell Skyjacker 6" springs under my Ranger with some 5.5" lift Jeep Cherokee coils.

I'm curious how much weight difference there is between the 4 banger 1990 Ranger and a V6 93 Ex... These Skyjackers are just too stiff for the Ranger, but ought to work well for the Explorer.

I might be getting a 93 Ex with a dead trans, but once replaced or repaired, I have lift brakcets and such for those 6" springs, and should have extended radius arms available by then too. Couple that with a SOA in the rear and I should have a decent wheeling rig for dirt...

Thanks oh mighty knowledgable ones...:salute:

idk but I believe people that run the skyjacker 6" lift springs end up having about 4.5" of lift.

Is it a Reg Cab Shortbox Ranger?

If so, it's probably about a 200-300lb difference on the front axle between that and a 4dr. Explorer.

Sorry, didn't see this... Ranger is a regular cab regular bed 2.3l 5 speed 4x4... The springs are Skyjacker 6".

The Ex, if I get it is just a run of the mill 4.0 A4LD 4x4 4 door. If nothing else, there should be a weight difference with just the motors.

With the slightly heavier weight of the front of the Ex it ought to make a smoother ride. Even just a little...

Back