Last minute door panel removal tips? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Last minute door panel removal tips?

ryster

Reaction score
City, State
Southeastern, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Hi!

I am going to pull my driver's side front door panel tonight to try to eliminate a nasty clunk that has developed (and put some Dynamat in the door panel for good measure).

I have downloaded the removal instructions from the General Explorations forum, but have a couple of additional questions.

(1) I have side airbags on my '00 Explorer XLS. Will removing the door panel potentially fire these things off? Not really sure where the sensor is located...

(2) Is it a requirement to lower the window before removing the panel? I was hoping to be able to leave the window up...

Any other last minute tips? I have the door panel tool, so I do not anticipate any major problems...

Thanks!!
Ryan

Just a guess but I'd probably disconnect the battery and put the lights on (they won't light but to drain anything left) before getting near the airbags. I also use a nylon (plastic) spatula to help between the plastic door panels and the door metal.

-AC

Back