Late spring Hot Springs run | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late spring Hot Springs run

I'm in for that weekend (22-23) or the next (29-30).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay Lets set this for the 22nd and 23rd. I havent wheeled with alot of you guys before as I am out of my Texas environment. How many of you are going to actually show up to this event and how many will back out at the last minute.

I have this scheduled. Its official. Now some of you guys need to make it to our Annual Gilmer run. I heard a rumor that the great pumpkin may be there.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101847&page=1&highlight=gilmer+run

i will be at the Hot Springs run. :)

I haven't missed one yet that I was signed up for. That's not to say there won't be a first time. I have every intention of making this ride. I haven't been on one since a Tellico trip in May of '03, so I am ssssooooooo ready to go. :burnout:

Ok, the point was brought up that maybe we should push this date back a bit. There are quite a few who want to go but it seems this date is too close to Moab for them. Any ideas? Think we should move it back a month or so?

james t said:
Ok, the point was brought up that maybe we should push this date back a bit. There are quite a few who want to go but it seems this date is too close to Moab for them. Any ideas? Think we should move it back a month or so?
Don't make any changes because of me.

Dont back out now Mr. Johnstone :) We also need it moved back for ease./

Johnstone said:
Don't make any changes because of me.
Not making them just because of you. I think Mike and a few others want to go but our run will be the same time as Moab. Also, im gdam broke and an extra month would allow for a greater surplus in the play funds. :D Also, the time would be nice as i could work out a few more things on my rig that need to be done. I can sneak by with going to Gilmer unprepared because i consider it my "backyard" and ive been there a million times. Ive never ran HS before... just know some guys who have. I will need to have my isht together on this one... no screwing around. :p

Id like to be there,but i checked my dates and i graduate on that weekend on the 23rd. Maybe next time, Matt

Right now we're talking about moving the date back a month or so.

Hell ya bump it back a little, so how far you bumping, I'll be out of town from the 16th of june to the 24th of june. Let me know what date your thinking, I could possibly make it the 25th weekend but it would be sweeter if it were the first or second week of July.

I'll also be able to attend if its between the last weekend of may (after moab) and the first weekend of June 4th and 5th.

I say we try it for the first of July

Sounds like a sweet ideal to me. I second that date. :chug:

As of right now im off July 2-4th, so that would be fine with me. Next weekend off would be July 16-18.

A lot has been going on in my life so I can't go for while anyway. My wife had to have a lung removed last week. We hope she will be getting out of the hospital soon. She is recovering very well. So with this going on I'm not sure when I'll be set to go. I'm sure by June though.

Rick

james t said:
As of right now im off July 2-4th, so that would be fine with me. Next weekend off would be July 16-18.

You realize that every rig in the central part of the U.S. will be there on this weekend (2-4).....?????? If thats when we go, make reservations EARLY......

OK, we need to get a firm definitive date nailed down so I can request the approprite days off that I think I'll need to make this trip, the 4th is gonna be crazy, but if that's the choice then so be it, but I just need to let the office know what we're doing.

Thanx!

Nice rig, Bionic Marsh :cool:

Plan it for whatever weekend you guys want. It looks like i could be bumped off my shift any day now... and i no longer have any idea what weekends ill be off. I still have some vacation time left, so i could possibly use it. 4th July doesnt seem like a very good date as there will be alot going on. I say we make it later in the month.

Make it as late as you want, I actually have no plans for July or August for that matter. However I do work on July 10th. So you all just tell me when you want to go. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the run won't be planned till late July, or there abouts, then that might even work out better.

We could do a June run at Gilmer to fill in till the Hot Springs run.

Back